Best Buy mbAir with 8gb RAM?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by musicnut90, Jul 1, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm looking to purchase a new MB Air from Best Buy with their $100 student discount, but can't seem to find an option to upgrade the RAM to 8GB. Does anyone know if there's a method for ordering one of the 8GB models through BestBuy, or do they only carry the 4GB models that are visible on their site?

I don't have a BestBuy near me, so I'm not sure if they carry those models in their brick and mortar stores.

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong forum or if I caused any inconvenience.

2. macrumors 65816

rabidz7

Why not just get it from apple?

3. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I have never seen Best Buy carry the custom order models, only the stock configuration.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks--it doesn't seem as though it's possible, just wanted to know if anyone had any luck in the past through any other avenues.

5. macrumors 6502

You can also look into B&H, which is carrying some custom models, as well as other bonuses and matching discounts from Apple.

6. macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I got $150 off + $100 App store card today @ the Apple Store doing an education purchase.

Now it was the stock 13" but still.

Attached Files:

7. macrumors member

That is a great deal, $949. Apple.com shows the educational pricing as $1,049. What location did you buy it at?

Oh, I get it, $949 for laptop + $100 for app store card. Good way to circumvent some sales tax.

8. macrumors 6502a

you buy it on amazon and save on tax. I rather save 100 bucks on tax then get a free app store card. I live in Boston so it's 7% and best thing you don't have to lie that your still a student. :D

9. macrumors 6502

Ughhhhh I wish I lived near a no-tax state.

10. macrumors 65816

designs216

That's a great deal. It's always fun to juggle Edu vs. tax and/or free shipping to find the best price. Congrats.