Best Buy or Applecare warranty for video iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by manosaurus, Oct 15, 2006.

1. manosaurus macrumors 6502

manosaurus

Looks like the BB is a 3 year warranty for $60 and the AC warranty is 2 years for $47. BB seems like the better deal but in the event that my iPod needs service, who is easier to deal with?

Fyi: There is a BB in my city and a few Apple resellers.

2. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

I've never owned AppleCare for any of my iPods, however, when I got my iPod 4G a couple years ago, I bought the Futureshop (owned by Best Buy) extended warranty for it. The iPod broke just after the original 1 year warranty expired, so I took it into the store. They sent it away (took a week) and then determined it was too costly to fix. They replaced it with a 30GB video. I don't know if the process is the same for the USA, but if it is, I recommend the BB warranty.

I hope this helps.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I would vote best buys. General when you have to use it things are just easier to deal with. You are not going to be dealing with apple policies and trying to agrue over a phone to take care of stuff but dealing with a real person who makes the call right there not some one you are going to spend time on the phone with and crappy company policy

Btw the phone part complaining is not just about apple but in general. Trying to get warrenty work and RMA stuff taken care of over the phone is just a pain in the rear and apple is no different on that one. Best buy you get to deal with a living person right in frount of you and get to explain things differently.

4. worldaviator macrumors newbie

choose best buy

Easier to deal with than Apple.