Best Buy Reportedly Rolling Out Dedicated Samsung Store-Within-a-Store Concept

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 29, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has long had a partnership with Best Buy for dedicated "Apple Shop" sections in many of the electronics retailer's stores, but a new report from Geek.com indicates that those Apple Shops will soon be joined by similar Samsung shops, with the upcoming Galaxy S4 launch serving as the impetus for the first round of store rollouts.
    The report indicates that the Galaxy S4 will be the featured attraction of these shops, although Samsung's full line of smartphones and tablets will be on display.

[​IMG]
    Best Buy Apple Shop
    Apple and Samsung have of course become bitter rivals in the mobile device market, with Samsung rapidly establishing itself as the dominant manufacturer of Android-based devices and surpassing Apple in a number of metrics related to the smartphone market. Samsung has been tackling Apple head-on with its advertising, increasing its spending and sparking concerns that Apple needs to step up its game.

With the addition of high-profile shops inside Best Buy stores, Samsung has no doubt been able to leverage its recent successes in hopes of continuing that momentum for the Galaxy S4 and its other smartphone and tablet devices.

Article Link: Best Buy Reportedly Rolling Out Dedicated Samsung Store-Within-a-Store Concept

2. macrumors 6502

Has Samsung had an original idea in their entire existence?

3. macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I wonder when stores will merely be store-in-store-galore paradigms... and then we can just call them MALLS.

4. macrumors 65816

5. macrumors newbie

Are you allowed to say "****ing douche bags" in this forum?

6. macrumors 65816

nefan65

So essentially, they're just leasing space at Best Buy to sell their phones...?

Not very original, but then again...it is Samsung. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

It'll be interesting to see what Samsung's "store within a store" looks like. I wonder if it will have a large black wall behind a blond wood table.

8. macrumors 6502a

Mac Fly (film)

9. macrumors member

Or Samsung offered bigger margins to BB, I would guess the later

10. macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

How are they going to fit all 9583478 Samsung smart phones in one shop? Especially a shop within a shop :eek:

11. macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Considering Samsung has been around since 1938, I'm sure they've had stores for a long time. I've seen Samsung booths like that inside other stores for years, just because Best Buy are having them now they have to be copying?

Even if they did so what? You're complaining that they're having a store? Is Apple the only company allowed to have them?

12. macrumors 6502

UnfetteredMind

I was wondering the same. This will be interesting to see (only online as I don't think I've actually been to a BestBuy in years).

13. macrumors member

This makes sense. Many other retail chains do this store within a store concept. With Best Buy's financial woes it does not surprise me that they are turning to this tactic.

14. macrumors 68020

applesith

Who cares, their stuff sells like crazy and will outpace Apple in mobile units soon.

15. macrumors 6502a

lolkthxbai

Is makes me sick just thinking of what it will look like.

16. macrumors 68000

Medic311

will it be staffed by little boys tap dancing?

Sandusky watch out

i'm not surprised by Samsung wanting to do this and striking a deal with Best Buy. we all know how Apple vs others tablets are displayed in that store. all of the Apple products work perfectly well. half of the Android tablets don't even turn on, another 1/4 of them haven't even been set up yet, and maybe the rest are OK. Best Buy clearly favors the Apple display products, so this will change things. good for Samsung, ASUS and the rest are screwed though

17. macrumors 65816

We'll one thing Samsung is good at is stealing ideas. Just another way the public allows thieves to win.

18. macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

19. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

LOL! How many time does Samsung do something "similar". :rolleyes:

20. macrumors 6502a

If the Samsung booth had scantily clad women working there, I'd consider dropping by. :D

21. macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

hmmm

I don't think that Best Buy has enough space for a theatre within its stores.

22. macrumors 65816

23. macrumors G5

Because having nice displays and placement in stores is a new idea?

Oh please.

24. macrumors 68040

Bubba Satori

That didn't take long.

Cue the endless huge manatees

25. macrumors member

Samsung stores.. great. I can experience the coolness of a refrigerator first hand