Best Buy to Carry iPhone 4 at Launch

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 9, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yesterday, we noted that electronics retail chain RadioShack will be carrying the iPhone 4 at launch in the United States. A few hours later, Engadget reported that Best Buy too will be ready for launch day with at least 45 iPhones per store available for sale.
    The company has yet to make any official announcements, however, regarding its plans for availability and possible pre-orders.

Article Link: Best Buy to Carry iPhone 4 at Launch

2. macrumors member

Gotta dust off those GC's!!!!

3. macrumors member

Walmart

ATT, Apple Stores, Walmart, Best Buy, and Radioshack will have the iphone 4 at launch.

4. macrumors newbie

Woohoo, their insurance is A++. apple care schmapple care :|

5. macrumors 6502a

This just in: Your local Post Office will carry iPhone 4 at launch also*

*Stamps required with purchase.

6. macrumors newbie

Lol!

+1 Hahaha. God I Hope Im eligible for an upgrade on one of my lines (My personal line isn't because i got the 3GS on the day it came out) Might have to steal an upgrade from another family member. : P

7. macrumors 65816

fabian9

wow 45 per store? how long is that likely to last - 10 mins?

8. macrumors 6502

nickXedge

You may be eligible for the new iPhone. My brother got the 3GS almost 2 weeks after the launch and he is eligible to upgrade. And if you got the 3GS on launch day, you should obviously be eligible as well.

9. macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Make it available for pre-order and I'm there.

10. macrumors newbie

depends on when the Best Buy employees gets back from the Apple store with their iPhone 4 on launch day :D

11. macrumors 6502

Well if I had my choice I would be buying one at Best Buy mainly because of giftcards and getting reward zone points. However, with only a limited supply I'm not sure. If they will do pre-orders I am definitely in. If they don't make and annoucement or anything before the 15th...I'll just reserve with Apple.

12. macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

From what I just read, Radio Shack will be taking Pre Orders on the 15th also, so I have my fingers crosssed that BB will do the same... I need to call my BB personal shopper and have them get it for me! :D

13. macrumors regular

Excellent hahaha.
    45 iPhones? I don't believe those numbers, unless Apple is limiting their supplies. I love that they are expanding where we can get things on launch day. Pictures of hundred-person lines are all well and good for advertising, but just annoying to get around.

Silent Mike you may be able to get yours, just check here:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/07/how_to_tell_if_youre_eligible_for_atts_iphone_4_upgrade_pricing.html

14. macrumors 6502

So we'll be able to use bestbuy gift cards to purchase the iPhone???

15. macrumors member

I would hope so. Its a gift card. There shouldnt be any restrictions on gift cards! If they dont accept them, I guess Im going to an Apple store.:D

16. macrumors regular

I will definitely pre-order on June 15. No way am I going to camp out for a store opening to get one. I got enough of that from camping out for concert tickets back in the day. We would be about 30th in line, and when you got to the ticket window the only seats available were in the nose-bleed section off to the side as all the good seats were pre-sold to people with connections.

I do have to wonder why so few for each store. I seem to remember reading something about Apple ordering 23 million of them. But then again, there's the free media coverage of people standing in line outside the stores to get one, just like with the ipad.

17. macrumors regular

CompanionCube

No, you will not.

18. macrumors 6502

Source?

19. macrumors 6502

^^ I'd like to know this also

20. macrumors 6502

I just talked to 3 local best buy's and they all said that we WILL be able to use gift cards towards the purchase of the new iPhone.

Also, they confirmed that they will be doing pre-orders starting on the 15th!

21. macrumors 6502

calsci

Lets hope they can have more supply then they did with the ipad. They are still struggling to keep up.

22. macrumors member

I just called Best Buy CS and they did confirm that they will have pre-order on the 15th. He confirmed that something will go up on the website a couple of days before that.

GC's are good to go also!:)

23. macrumors member

can I get FAN discount from Best Buy online preorder?

24. macrumors newbie

activation at Best Buy or Radio Shack?

When you buy one at these stores, how do they activate it or know if your up for an upgrade?

25. macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Best Buy sells all of the big name phones for all major carriers, and they have a dedicated section of the store for mobile phone purchases, so they can easily activate your phone or look up your existing contract. I've had several phones activated at Best Buy and not once have I had a problem.