Best Case for 5G 30GB Video iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by StangMan04, Nov 7, 2005.

1. StangMan04 macrumors newbie

Need suggestions. I ordered the invisiblesheild for it. I am looking for a good hard case for it. It is the black one. So a clear hard case would be awesome. Thanks.

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yeah i'm waiting for a good case too, but i don't think many are out yet. Belkin just released four new 5G cases today, but those have been the first i've seen. Apparently the one to wait for is the iVod. Either way though we have our invisible shields to keep the iPod in good condition until a suitable case is released.
    -Kevin

3. Baked macrumors newbie

zCover has one since 5G launched. I'm waiting for iSkin to make a 5G version of DUO they have for Nano.

4. john159 macrumors regular

invisble shield is the best case/cover for sure

5. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Man being in Europe sucks sometimes.
    I tried to order 2 invisible shields for my 5G 60 GB. The price for 2 invisible shields would be around 50 $ add the shipping fee and you get a total of 100 $.
    That's insane.
    I need a case now.

I can hear my ipod scratching itself at night when i sleep.

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Depends on what type of case you want?

I'm waiting for the Tunewear Icewear 5G case. It is a nice-looking silicone type sleeve, and comes with a clear protector sheet as well. So this way you're basically getting the best of both worlds. I think it's only $25, coming soon...

http://www.tunewear.com/english/product/icewear_5g/index.html

(no I don't work for them! ;) )

7. drgthang macrumors newbie

5G IPOD Cases

Im in the same boat as you..just got my new 5G IPOD 30gb White model..its slick..I ordered some "overlay protectors" for the front and back about $12 total, they are adhesive..After applying those I want a hard case as well, and silicon/rubber doesnt do it for me.

So I have been eyeing Contour cases..Those come highly recommended and are clear..Either that or Agent18 offers a "snap" on case, but I dont know how much snapping on or off of cases you want to do with the new IPODs..

If anyone sees any new hard case offerings that look good..let us know..

Enjoy!

MC

8. boiee macrumors member

the agent 18 case is good example of a hard clear case...i have this for my 30 GB iPod Photo and it is AWESOME...hope this helps

www.agent18.com

9. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

10. thadchr macrumors member

thadchr

I also love Contour cases (I swear I've dropped my iPod on the garage floor 20 times with this thing on it...no damage) and would love to wait for it to come out, but that this point I'm about to settle on a lesser case if it means getting it now.

Does anyone own the zCover case? Are they any good?

11. john159 macrumors regular

the best would be the invisible shield becuase it istn not really a case and it is durable as hell... and it is easy to apply... just apply the front remove all airbuble wait to apply sides for 10 hours then once front is try apply down sides... stick atutomactically veryy easy... and it stops fingerprints from being visible everywhere on the ipod...

12. M.Capz macrumors member

How come you don't just leave the protective layer Apple provides? I've had my iPod for a little less than a week and it seems to be working fine so far. I know it doesn't protect the back but I can deal with that. However, there are scratches on the plastic but you can't really see them unless you hold it under light.

13. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

14. john159 macrumors regular

i am leaving the cover on from ipod until i put on my invisible shield, but the cover from ipod is not meant to be permenant, and it gets airbubbles under it and when you put it in the case that came with the ipod, the cheap plastic cover gets lint under it and will not stick to the ipod any more... that is why we buy other covers;)

15. ipodvirgin macrumors newbie

5G ipod case

I just bought mine from www.simplyipod.com
    Zcover black plastic sleeve £16.99
    I think it is the only case that is actually shipping now

16. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

I got the Speck Toughskin myself and its awesome. Like having a G-Shock iPod.

17. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

post pics and how big is it!?!

18. Baked macrumors newbie

Hmmm tough choices. Should I go w/ the Agent 18 hard plastic clear case, or wait for iSkin's eVo3? I leaning towards the Agent 18 'cause I have a black video. But then I have the 60GB one, and the Agent 18 case will make the thing huge.

19. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Im finding the 5g 60gb pod a little small for my taste and welcome the expanded size

20. ipodcase macrumors newbie

I have ordered a skin from decalgirl. it includes a screen protector. I dont want any scratches on my ipod 5G. will the skin be enough for protecting the ipod. Is it as good as the invisiblesheild?? please suggest.

21. uclasoccer macrumors newbie

anyone order their invisible shield with free shipping and have problems getting it? the way they "strongly recommend" getting shipping that has a tracker makes me a little nervous

22. woodnall macrumors newbie

5G Case

I just ordered the Belkin leather kickstand case. It was 15.99 at onsale.com (it is back ordered). It looks pretty interesting you can flip the top over and use it like a kickstand to set it down to watch videos. (Hence the name kickstand). I'll update when i recieve it.also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Invisibleshield
    I found a place on line that sells the invisibleshield for the 5G video for $23.99 and the Nano for $18.99 with .01 shipping in the US. There is tax in Ca. Also if you type in the code THANKS in the promo code you save an additional $10.00 on orders over $50.00. www.techrestore.com

23. CarolinaChiquit macrumors newbie

Hi I am new and don't have an IPOD so be gentle with me! :D

My boyf has bought the 30gig video ipod thingy and I want to buy him a case for it. I have looked at this case Agent 18 Case and shown it to him. He seems to like it but I just wondered if you can still use the wheel when the ipod is in the case - I know with some of the squidgy cases you can (i.e. this one Squidgy Case ) so depending on whether you can use the wheel thing in the agent 18 case will determine which one I buy.

Still with me? Hope you can help!!

Thanks

Carolina xx

24. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

do these tint the screen?? It looked like the red or black would tint a bit.

25. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Yes you can, the wheel is uncovered