Best case for MBA 11" not sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tarsierspectral, Apr 23, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2010
    Saw the previous thread about this but most of recommendations were for a sleeve. I am looking for a case that will protect the computer while traveling. I don't want to add a lot of weight. I sort of liked but it doesn't have good reviews. Also liked this one but one reviewer stated that there is a big flaw in the design. You can only plug in the power cord one way so it blocks the USB port. So this case is out of question. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am not set on hard vs. soft case. The first one I mentioned was in between neither soft nor hard which I kind of liked.

2. macrumors 6502a

Feb 21, 2011
    Buffalo, NY.
    I have a black iCarbon to protect it from scratches, But to travel with I use Waterfield sleeve and cargo bag I got the small cargo. I started with the plastic speek hardcase. It really did not fit right on the bottom, I had the clear and it showed scratches just from a finger nail rub. The back right tab also broke off from from me trying to get it to seat right. It was tossed after 3 weeks of use.
  3. macrumors 6502a

May 20, 2006
    I have the speck satin see thru in black and think it's great. Has a really nice feel to it, and adds no extra bulk at all. I put it in a be.ez la robe allure sleeve when i'm travelling with it.
  4. macrumors member

Nov 29, 2006
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2010
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2006
  7. macrumors 68040

Mar 2, 2009
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
    You've proved your ignorance in one sentence, nice! :rolleyes:
  8. macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2006