Best case for Powerbook Ti??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Hazzeem, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Hazzeem macrumors newbie

I just recieved my beautiful new Ti 550 (no, I couldn't wait until July) and now I need a case worthy of it. Anyone care to share experiences/reviews of some of the cases they use? I checked out drbott's and their Ti case seemed to be the best I've seen.

--Hazzeem

(here comes my first post!!)

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I went and bought the messenger bag on apples website, all black. I love it, nice a comfortable, roomy, that can also be adjusted to become a backpack.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I had bought a Case Logic for mine...it was the only one that allowed it to fit without being really snug...

it's a great case...holds all my stuff whenever I need to bring it somewhere...but I'd really like to get something smaller and lightweight in case I just want to grab it and go to a friend's or something....

any ideas as well for me?

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I've suggested these people before in another thread...

www.sjdesign.com

Their bags are amazing because you keep the computer in the bag while you use it. You never risk dropping or scratching the computer when you remove it from the bag.

Just set the bag on your lap or desk, open it up, and off you go.

I have one of these bags for an IBM laptop, and I also have a very expensive leather bag, and once I tried the sjdesign bag, the leather bag started gathering dust.

By far the best bag I've ever used.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I currently do not have this bag, but:

http://www.powermax.com/cgi-global/generate.cgi?p=A-APL-T3172G/A

It would work nice, since it would hold a TiG4 and act as a backpack, so I can take notes in class instead of writing them.

Where do I take them? With me.

In the time it takes to read this message, an Apple computer will already have performed 15 billion float-point operations more than a consumer PC.

6. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

eyelikeart,

you might wanna try www.tombihn.com

They make some great sleeve like cases. My brother got the Mitre and the Tibook fits so snuggly in there. He usually carries it like a book and walks around with it. It seems like it protects well too. I, personally, am going to get a monolith because i'll be carrying it in my backpack and tossing it around. Customer service is great too.

7. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Great new Avatar Dukestreet!

Show me the G5!!!

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Thanks, glad you like it, I was playing around - I'll probably change it soon, its a little too much, but fun anyway.

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'll second that. I got these two items from them, and I have no complaints:

Brain Bag
    Brain Cell (formerly Lap Dog)

Plus I got the "Snake Charmer" to organize all my cords, batteries,etc....
    High quality stuff, good service.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

that looks pretty good...closer to what I've been thinking...but I don't know if I wanna spend $85 on it...that's more than I paid for my Case-Logic which holds a ton more... ;)

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I have a backpack type from Brenthaven. It has a sleave that you put the TiBook into before putting it into the main compartment. It also has other sections with the top most being used for the AC adapater (at least I use it for that). There are pockets enough for other things, like folders and an iPod along with headphones. In the main compartment, you can also fit either several magazines or a book or three (depending on the book size and such).

I have been seriously considering getting a Zero Halliburton case like the Z3 or Z5 in the gunmetal finish, I just haven't yet. Those are solidly built cases, more so then the one from Dr. Bott. At least with the Zero case, you can put more into them. I also don't care for the way that you would put the computer into the one from Dr. Bott, and the way the top part comes off. I would rather know that the case is made to stay together, and protect my computer. Check out Zero's cases and spec's. Otherworldcomputing sells them as well other options... http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=537&Title=PowerBook Accessories&Template=

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

now this sounds more like it!

got a link so I could see by chance??

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

eyelikeart... check them out at http://www.brenthaven.com/products/index.html. I didn't see the exact one that I have, but I did get it about a year ago, soon after picking up my TiBook. They have three backpack models to choose from. I am sure one of them will fit your bill (and maybe even budget). In the year since I got it, I have taken it on the motorcycle many times, and it shows no wear from that. Cruising downt the highway at 80mph+ tends to fray inferior materials :D.

14. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I've dittoed before in that other thread, and I do so again here. I use a 1st or 2nd gen Lapdog with my PBG4 and I love it. I can't imagine coping with a regular laptop bag. I'm thinking about upgrading to one of the new ones with the "quick release" airport security feature. Maybe one of the convertable backpack models. I dunno, but my next bag will be a Shaun Jackson.