best case for working out?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bill4588, Dec 4, 2006.

1. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

I'm gonna get an invisible shield for my black 30GB ipod, but would like to have a case to use while i lift/run at the gym. I don't really care how it attaches to me, so I could care less if it has a clip or a strap of some kind. Which one has worked best for you?

2. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

3. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

does NO ONE here workout?! And just in case you're wondering, I HAVE tried a search for this and found nothing.

4. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

5. thestaton macrumors 6502

oh man I hope you did not buy the invisishield yet. I had one and when I put it on my 60gb it would put water marks on the screen making it look smeared. I use my iSkin for everything and it works great. I've found that at a gym or on a run I can just put the iPod in my shorts pocket while lifting weights or if on a treadmill / elliptical I just put it in the cup holder.

I've used only iSkin's since I've had the 3G and they are awesome products.

also a big problem with the invisshield if you drop the ipod the shield just basically explodes off the iPod :) I tried it on carpet just to see and sure enough the ipod was laying with no shield on it.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I run, but I carry mine in hand, using either an iSkn type of thing or nothing at all. There are armbands for full-size iPods, though... I've never used any of them.

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

8. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

thanks for the replies! The reason I'm not using my nano is because I'm selling it to my girlfriends mom to give to her little sister. And why not use invisible shield? I've heard nothing but great things about it, unless you count the people who used way to much water and ruined their ipods. The only time I really use my ipod is in the car and gym, and sometimes when I walk to class. I dont need a case in the car, but at the gym I would like to have some protection since I've dropped my nano many times but it was protected with an iSkin (agreed, they are great!). That's why I'm not getting a normal case for 24/7 use because I never drop my ipod unless I'm working out and I don't like the added bulk that cases add. The only case I would consider to use all the time is the Agent 18 but I've heard that dust gets under it and you have to clean it out every few days. So really I'm just looking for a workout case and was just wondering which one works best (like has the least shaking and is most sweat resistant).