Best case or stand for reading in bed?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by debudebu, Dec 2, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 13, 2008
    Anyone have a good case or stand recommendation for reading in bed?
    I'm finding the Ipad cumbersome for reading while being horizontal. Discuss
  2. macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2010
    iPad holder for bed

Here is one I saw on YouTube - - looks interesting.
  3. mgg, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

macrumors member

Jul 3, 2010
  4. macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2010

Please don't say it is too heavy.:D
  5. macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2006
    I really like the Yoobao Magic case. It pretty much does it all. It gets all the angles and is comfortable on the lap.

A very good case. It's also atheistically pleasant BTW.

I bought that Wedge pillow with the funny white straps thingie also, but haven't got it yet. Don't see how it's going to be that much of an improvement, but you can't have too many cases. Impossible. :D
  6. mgg
    macrumors member

Jul 3, 2010
    I colored my straps black with a Sharpie. : )
  7. macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2006
    Yes my Sharpie is all ready for that task.

Sharpie to the rescue again. :D

I mean, the white straps would look GREAT on a white iPad. :D
  8. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 13, 2008
    Heheh, first thing I thought of when I saw it as well.
    I think that Yoobao one looks great but I have a thing against leather cases, which me not being a vegetarian is weird. Pillows are working fine for me, for now.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2010
  10. macrumors member

Dec 1, 2009
  11. macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2010
    I might be obvious, but I still haven't found anything better (or less worse?) than the Apple case.
  12. macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2010
    I hated my Apple case. The mid divider was too flimsy and just didn't work very well.
  13. eagleglen, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010

macrumors 6502a

Oct 2, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I've had the WedgePad now for several months and the white straps are not distracting or an issue at all. I'd be much more concerned about the Sharpie ink getting on my iPad screen. That would bother me an awful lot more.

A separate concern I have about the WedgePad are the styroform beads that it is filled with. They are becoming pulverized so that the iPad doesn't sit up as straight as it did when new, and this is after only 2 or 3 months. It's just like when bean bag chairs become less "plump" and full as they got older. I may look for new stuffing for it at a crafts store or I'm also considering a Prop Up stand ( It looks like a more durable alternative.
  14. macrumors 68020

Oct 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Wedgepad. A++

The white straps do not bother me at all.
  15. macrumors member

Nov 17, 2010
    In bed I simply put the Apple official iPad case in typing stand position and lay it on my angled lap. Thus hands-free reading possible. As one pointed out, Apple official case is the best IMHO.
  16. macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2008
  17. macrumors 6502a

Jun 12, 2009
    I like the Sliq also. Are they shipping theses? Price? I couldn't get half the links on their website to work.
  18. macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2011
    I just wedge it into one of the creases of my 6 pack abs. Works great. :eek:
  19. macrumors newbie

May 25, 2011
  20. macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2010
  21. macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2003
    Santa Maria, CA
    That Aspen Shops link you provided is asking to do some system setup for Zen Shopping cart. With the recent MacDefender malware I am leery to do that. :confused:
  22. macrumors regular

Jun 19, 2010
    I'm really considering this one. It seems that it would be very stable while in the bed with the wide legs. Also the legs can be removed and it will be more like a simple stand for a table. So many things to consider
  23. macrumors newbie

Dec 31, 2009
  24. macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2011
    My favorite iPad bedtime holder is the wedge-e

I use the wedge-e holder. Its very comfortable for bedtime iPad reading.

I bought from site

I will try to attach the link...

Hope you find the info helpful.

25. macrumors 68040

May 3, 2011
    six-pack abs if head propped up on pillow, massive pecs if not. i have sculpted my body into an ipad holder :)