Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
What would you guys say the best cd/dvd burning prog for macs would be? I really liked Nero myself but i dont think there is a mac version but i could be wrong....what do you think about Toast??

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
If you're just burning a bunch of documents, use OS X's built-in tools -- with Tiger's burnable folders it's even easier.

For audio, iTunes is the only game in town, and DVD video goes well on iDVD of course :)

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Toast Titanium is fantastic imo, well worth the cash.

On #MacOSX on irc.freenode.net people are suggesting BurnX Free if users don't want to pay for Toast.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
I've been using Toast Titanium for almost a year and I think it is fantastic, the burning flexibility is amazing from DVD's to CD's it does everything you could ever want and the and the GUI is grat IMO.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Oh Toast a million times over, converts so many types of video onto dvd or vcd. Plus its easy. Plus windows support with the disks is excellent.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
One thing I found with using Toast in combination with iTunes...

Well, better to tell the whole story - I often like to use CD-RW so I can make a driving playlist, and I found I can actually use the Quick Erase feature in Toast, then burn straight from iTunes - despite the fact that Toast warns that Quick Erase is only for use with Toast or Jam.

Aaaanyway, when going from Toast to iTunes on my PowerMac I noticed I had to actually quit Toast before iTunes would recongnise the CD-RW...

Hope that's useful to someone!

Hob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.