best christmas season mac

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Sep 13, 2002.

?

what do you want from santa/steve j?

1. tibook at 1 ghz or dual tibook or tibook with superdrive

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. g4 ibook

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. imac at 1 ghz

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. new pda, camera, phone, or other such device

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. a new piece of software/shareware/freeware

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

what would be apple's best (yet unveiled) mac or product for the upcoming christmas season?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.....a 1Ghz TiBook with or without SuperDrive!

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'd really love to see a newer/faster/better PowerMac, but that I know won't happen. So I'll go for the new piece to the digital hub.

But Jef, its only just after labor day, we've got Halloween, Thanksgiving to go before Santa - you're worse than that stores.....:D

D

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

my parents and grandparents had a store for 34 years, '55-'88 and i was supposed to take it over when i finished college in '87...but none of that happened as planned...store went out of business and i didn't finish until '94 because i was pretending to be a generation x slacker even though i belonged to the baby boomer generation...but i do have those "store" genes and always think of what can sell and what is a dud...it's legalized gambling in a way

i know you know sj won't put out another powermac after...uh, yes...thanksgiving, so for that same reason i didn't put g5 in the poll because i believe in all the rumors i have been reading here which seem to indicate that g5 is in 2003 or even 2004...i can handle 2003 (barely) but 2004 would really suck big time

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that and the fact the Dual 1.25 still haven't shipped.....

what did you see at the family store?

D

6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

just about everything i saw at junior college, university, and grad school in business was theory and most of the teachers there never had their own business

those who can't do teach...i know, i have been asked in one of my two volunteer jobs to teach gaming on the computer...the subject in IT/IS i know least about...but no one else wants to teach the class so i am going in blind, kind of like all my business professors of the past

our store had asian, then "oriental", antiques, gifts, jewelry, and miniatures...a little of everything in this tourist area of monterey peninsula, ca, usa

23 golf courses so the wives had to do something so they hit all the boutique stores but since costco, osh, saks, sharper image, boston market, BK, mcd's, starbucks, and other like those fortune 500 came in, the whole atmosphere became, well, american instead of boutique and europe-like as this county once was

wine country north of silicon valley still has some gems up there and it is unlikely that high tech will move north of the golden gate bridge in any big way since san diego up to san francisco is prime factory and warehouse land...rip out the trees and put in chip plants and manufacturers...the story of northern california in a nutshell

and oh yeah, make sure you have the world's worst architecture to boot...one day most of california will look like warehouseville/factoryville new jersey because when it comes to jobs, the companies and factories speak louder than the sierra club and environmentalists:(

7. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I want a new bike, Mosh Brass 4 star
    or a new 10gig iPod
    or a new Stereo System, Hopefully a Techniques cause they rock

or an old ibook/powerbook

I have alot to pick from but only one I can have

8. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

im hoping either a 1 ghz imac, or a g4 ibook..and competitively priced still so it can beat out the average laptop ;)

i'm hoping for a powermac for xmas (as an early grad present)
    should i wait till november or january?
    cuz knowing apple, each time they bring out a new line of powermacs, it goes up a couple hundred dollars (low end line)

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I cant afford anything but a 1 GHZ iMac would be tight. It would be awesome if apple sold just a processor upgrade - upgrades any powermac g4 to a 1.5 GHz 7470 g4 ($1,300 - typical apple overpricing), 1.25 GHz ($900), or 1 GHz ($600). It would be cool for me because I would get the 1.25 in a second, and it would also be cool because the new powermacs are not very pleasing, to me at least. It would be even cooler if all the upgrades were dual processors, but I guess that is just wishful thinking. :eek:

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Santa got me my Firewire iBook in 2000. Maybe this year I can get a PowerBook. :D

I'd like a 500 PowerBook G4, but that may have to wait until when I graduate from Pascack Hills.

11. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

dual everything.

even a dual woman.... or women!

ha