best cleaner for mac screens and case? iklear? etc?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by charlestrippy, Jun 7, 2006.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

So i've read that many of the other products used to clean mac screen's and such can actually harm the screen. I see that apple obviously sells a product called Iklear, however, $25 seems kind of expensive for simply a "wash"....does any one have any suggestions of alternative products...or if Iklear is so "perfect" where to maybe get my hands on it at a little more reasonable price?

thanks!!!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think several members use a dampened lint-free very very soft cloth to wipe their screens.

I do use iKlear and I got it from a brick & mortar Fry's (if you want to find it online, see outpost.com). It was slightly discounted compared to the MSRP of $24.95, I paid about $20. But the 5 oz bottle seems huge-- think it'll last me for quite a few years. :eek:

Attached Files:

3. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

really? thanks! i guess $20 isn't a terrible price - espically if it lasts that long.

anyone else have any suggestions too? :p

4. riciad macrumors 6502

I've been using OmniCleanz from Radtech for 2 years with no cpmplaints.
    It came with a cleaning cloth as well.

Can't remember how much it cost, but it was only an 118ml bottle and it's still going strong.

5. alangenh macrumors newbie

Another vote for OmniCleanz. I couldn't believe how well it cleaned all the surfaces of my older powerbook. My screen was in pretty bad shape. I thought the oily keyboard marks would never come off, but the screen looks perfect now.

I think I got the $10 bottle -

http://www.radtech.us/Products/OmniCleanz.aspx

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, I use iClean but iKlear is what some of the AppleStores use so it's whatever you want to get. Mine is a 45ml bottle (spray) that came with a soft cloth and even though I use it two or three times a week it has lasted me almost a year. You really don't need to use much and the cloth can be hand washed using some of the spray and warm water :)

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I personally use OmniCleanz for my powerbook and powermac and monitor