Best Co Operative Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fabrix2003, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

Me and my mate have macs, i have a powerbook 17 he has a g5, whatdecent co op games would you reccomend and why?:)

2. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Almost any strategy title (AeO 2, Starcraft, Warcraft III, Total Annihilation, etc.).

Ghost Recon is also very cool for co-op play (first-person tactical shooter).

3. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Aliens Vs Predator

Aliens Vs Predator has a great multiplayer co-operative mode where the players, as marines and predators, can take on an army of aliens. The game is a few years old now so two copies will propably cost you less than one brand new game.

Aliens Vs Predator 2 does not have this Co-Operative mode but you can play Team Death Match against Windows users.

4. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
  5. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Diablo (2's better) is great fun to play over a LAN.

P-Worm

6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

i've been dabbling with reinstalling Diablo 2 and playing but i just keep remembering all the time it took away from my life last time! ;)

i've been looking for a copy of Diablo 1 since for some reason i have TWO copies and neither of them are in their case!!! driving me nuts.

side-note: does anyone know how well D1 runs under Classic?

7. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

I can't believe someone didn't say HALO right off the bat, jee wiz kids :)

I have yet to get it, but I will when I find myself $40 :D

8. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

halo is really fun multiplayer, i love running people over in the warthog while my gunner is mowing down people. good times, good times...

9. monarch macrumors newbie

Return to Castle Wolfenstein....for a effective team you need medics and LT's.

RTCW....means teamwork

10. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

In my experience, Diablo runs pretty well in Classic mode, but modem play doesn't work. :(

11. Doraemon macrumors 6502

But Halo for PC/Mac lacks the co-op multiplayer modus of the XBox version.

12. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

yeah i was really upset when i found out that the pc/mac version wasn't going to have the co-op play... i was really looking forward to that!

13. spinner macrumors regular

I have to go old school on this one: Marathon 2 or Infinity. I wasted countless hours with my brother in cooperative play on those bad boys. :D

14. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

15. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

Good point spinner, You can go old school games real cheap. Pick up MythII for a few bucks, and go head to head in that game once you've learned how to play. tha game won't get repetative with over 8 truely unique and fun game types and a dozen or so maps.

There is even an online community still active where you can stag a few people to play with you if you'd like. AND, for a limited time offer, I'll send you the OSX version for just a small $58 paypal fee ;):D

tyler
    Earendil

16. Fabrix2003 thread starter macrumors regular

i wonder if they will bring Operation Flashpoint out for Mac? and a cooperative play for that, that was a massive map and really cool gameplay.

Counterstrike would be good.

17. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

what game i really enjoyed was tribes and tribes 2, both were great games and way ahead of their time! have you tried the new Unreal 2 XMP? it's Tribes 2 with better graphics and crappier game play. they had better do better with UT2004 which i don't doubt they will do.

18. choogheem macrumors newbie

Myth II - supercool

in my best valley voice - Like Oh My God! Myth II was by far the coolest multiplayer game. Not only could you play the myth characters, but they also had world war II (man, shooting off the grenades was awesome). I really like America's Army right now. It's cool and free (~700MB download). Great game - much like SOCOM, but for computer, and again, FREE! Of course if you can't handle army propaganda, don't download it. Otherwise, drop and give me 20!

19. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

a real good co-op multiplayer game would be commandos. For windows commandos 3 is out. for mac, commandos 2 is coming soon, or it may even have come.

20. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

21. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

If you are into role playing, avoid Diablo and go with NeverWinter Nights, its an awesome game with tons of ways to customize your character, and the tons of free modules mean you can have endless adventure. Also even though the expansion packs are supposedly PC only you can actually install them on Mac.

22. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Only avoid Diablo II if you don't like action, or consider "Role playing" to be of more importance to you than action. There's a reason it is one of the all-time most popular games: it rocks. Just don't expect to be able to put together pick-up parties worth a **** on a regular basis.