Best College/University for Macaddicts

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Roads0, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Roads0 macrumors newbie

Roads0

I'm a student at the University of Colorado at Boulder, which has more Apple computers than I've ever seen in a square mile area. The city of Boulder is full of yuppies that use Mac and we are getting an Apple store and already have a few Mac oriented stores.

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best College/University is for mac users? That is the best user ratio, school support of the platform, stores, ect?

2. jonharris200 macrumors 6502

jonharris200

3. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

The Hardcore MacAddicts go to UCal Berkley(just like steve and woz) lol :D

4. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Dartmouth seemed pretty mac-centric. They have about a 50/50 split of macs vs. PCs for the public computers/library computers, if not more macs than PCs. I can't remember if it was 1/4 or 1/2 of the students that had macs....but it was crazy! I didn't see a single student with a PC while I was there.

And with the intel switch, I wouldn't be surprised if the school computers all end up being macs and just run windows on some of them :D

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

i tought they dropped out in high school..

6. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I think the Berkelee School of Music (Boston, MA) requires all students to have Powerbooks/MBPs. If it wasn't Berklee, I know there is a Boston area school that requires this. Software support and common creative tools were the rationale.