Best color printer to use for Mac and PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nhw, May 17, 2006.

1. nhw macrumors member

Hello,
    I have a PB and a dell at home and i would like to buy a printer that i can share with those 2 computers. Are there any printers out there have good printing quality to do this job?

thank you,
    John

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Yes, there are many. Almost every HP printer will work with both Macs and PCs. I believe it's the same story with Canon. It's really simple to just look at the box to see if it has a Mac logo.

I don't think any of us could afford "the best" printer as it costs tens of thousands of dollars.

3. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

I personally use a HP 7960 for "small" things and a Canon i9900 for "important" things and both have worked fine in both os x and xp.

4. Gerg macrumors regular

I have an HP ColorLaserJet 4550N which I bought on eBay cheap, and it works very well in both environments. It prints via TCP-IP, so it was very easy to get the Mac to "see" the printer.

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

My opinion:

InkJet: Definitely like HP series, although I now own a Canon Pixma 780 - pretty good too.

I would say just go hit your local Office *** store or Staples and play around with them to see what you like.

6. nhw thread starter macrumors member