Best days of Machood

Discussion in 'Community' started by King Cobra, Aug 10, 2002.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

Wow. Isn't this a first for today? The new thread isn't a poll! :eek: :D :D

Everyone has had their ups and downs on their Macs. So describe your tales of the best days of your life in relation to Macs. (This can also be about Apple products.)

I don't want to sound selfish, but I still find the best day of Machood for me to be when I made the iPod Breakout record. (April 30, 2002) I beat the record at around 4:45PM and kept going. Later at night, my father took a few photos and I submitted the best one to the website hosting the contest. I eventually found out a week later my name was posted at spot #1.

And, yes, I still have the certificate code with me. :)

2. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

what exactlly is breakout? is it like brickles? if so im in for some fun when my ipod shipps.
    i love brickles.

3. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

You haven't tried that breakout game? Muhahahahaha... :eek: :D

In iPod OS 1.1, hold the center button down in Legal.

In iPod OS 1.2, go to Extras, Game, [away you go].

Have fun! :)

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

My best Mac day has been the day that I got a PeeCee from my friends....I went running back to the Mac! Ahhh...:)

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

kinda hard to play when you have no ipod huh?
    but thanks, are there any other games i can try?

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

My best Mac day was when I got my iBook... My best Apple days were when I could tell my friends how much faster the Mac is. Now, I'm telling how much faster it will be :D

7. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

got the iPod today, the breakout gamw is the coolest in the world.
    better watch out kc im gaining on ya fast, just you wait i just got a 72

8. Liamcow macrumors member

my greatest mac day would be when i put an old CRT from the dump into a LCD iMac box and beat the S**T out of it, made for a really good movie clip. although since the iMac has no glass in it, the sound of smashing glass throws you off...

9. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Best day

Was the day I got my Pismo-hands-down.

The next best was this summer. I play a music gig for a month on the east coast with about 45 other musicians. Many had their laptops (all Compaq and Toshiba), and in 1 single day 8, yes 8, of those laptops went down completely. I am talking having to completely reinstall system software. LOL! They all came running to me to help them, and now 5 of them own an iBook or a TiBook.

That was my best day.

Gus

10. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Actually, one of my best days was a little more than 2 weeks ago, when I was at this band convention, I was cruising the exhibit hall, and there was a booth with a holy aura, glowing white... For the first time, Apple had made an appearance at this convention... I got to talk with some of the Apple guys there. The booth they had set up wasn't much, but I got a couple of iPod posters and stuff... They said that next year, they planned to have a bigger booth, music software installed on some computers, and some keyboards and other midi devices hooked up to show off how good Macs are in the music world... I plan on attending this convention as often as possible (as long as my dad doesn't retire :p )

11. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

My best day of machood will be when I get my dual 1ghz with ddr and a 10 gig ipod to play breakout!:D :D

-GaBe-

12. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

The best days of machood were the good ol' days... when 68ks roamed free and 68030's choked on Word 6.0.
    10Mb of ram was unbelievable, and a 2x cd-rom made you cool.
    14" monitors where all the rage, and everyone had to have a Quadra...

Edit: stupid spelling mistake...

13. sneed macrumors regular

14. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

best: last week when i used osx for first time, n when the ipod/imac g4 was unveiled :D

worst: using the school macs :( (theyre bout 6 or 7 years outdated n lost lots of data b4 on those puters :()
    and using a g3 imac n trying to fix a netscrap problem by deleting a netscrap profile...and it ends up deleting both netscrap and ie browsers from os 8.6

15. Captnroger macrumors regular

Playing Falcon on my Mac Plus in the 80s. God I loved that game. That and that cool football sim with the Xs and Os (can't remember the name).

OH - and Dark Castle!

16. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

My best Mac days were when my school bought a room full of Classics when I was around 12 or 13 and I had to teach all the teachers how to use them because my Dad had a IIsi (I think) and I knew how to hold a mouse and loads files etc. It was great when knowing about computers was special, and not just something everyone could do.

17. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

It took me 30 minutes to figure out that I needed a caddy to insert a cd rom into those old apple 2x cd-roms. :rolleyes:

I was flabbergasted when I saw my first quicktime movie tho. 256 pure colors of dithered fun. amazing.