Best deal EVER on eBay

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bjh1414, Sep 23, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009
    I may have gotten the best deal EVER on eBay.

I was just browsing, and i stumbled across 2 broken ipod mini's (4gb blue, and silver) for like $12 Buy it Now, $8 shipping. So i went ahead and made an offer of $7, and figured, if i got it, i might be able to make 1 working one.

here's the auction:

So, it seemed that the seller had no clue what he/she was selling also.

I recieved the two in the mail, a week later, and i tried to power them on and nothing. So i plugged them in, and a charging sign came up, and im like YES! then i tried (after 2 min of charging) to turn them on, and i got the Apple logo, then PSHHH dead. same with the other, so i figured, meh, why not take one apart? so i took the silver one apart, everything looked great, and i plugged it in for kicks, then i unplugged it, and what do you know? It turned on! went right to the home screen, and the same for the other. so i now have 2 (count em 2) working iPods, for $15, and they will sell for $50-$60 EACH! w00t
  2. macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    Minis sell for $50 -$60 dollars each? I am baffled by this.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009
  4. macrumors 604

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Why would anyone buy a used mini for $50-$60? :confused:
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009
    The Question is why WOULDNT you buy an ipod mini for 50 bucks?
  6. macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2005
    So you can spend another 60-85 bucks on a 32gb Compact Flash card, and then rockbox it to give more control back. I have one with rockbox and 32gb card and its nice(SQ could be better, but rockbox makes it worth it).
  7. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009
    Dude, i rockbox'd my ipod nano, and it was so cool, and ive herd about that mod with the 32gb cards :)
  8. macrumors 6502

Mar 19, 2009
    You know what would be funny? If the poor chap who sold you this found your thread.
  9. macrumors 6502

Sep 22, 2008
    A few weeks ago I brought 2 Airport Express which were boxed and like new from a car boot for £7.50 FOR THE TWO!!!!

Both were working great, upgraded them to the latest firmware and sold them on eBay for £50 each!!!

woop woop :)
  10. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009

"Watchu talkin' bout Willis?!?"
  11. macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2009
    I bought a 1st Gen Ipod classic for 7$ and 5$ shipping that was broken. When i got it i plugged it in, and it turned on! All it needed was to be restored.
  12. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009
    pretty much the same thing here, people are just dumb :p

"i found this iPod in the basement, Oops it wont turn on, put in on eBay"