best DVD burning program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by proverbs, May 7, 2005.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

i have a .avi file just over a gig and am using Roxio to convert the file and burn it onto dvd. It's been about 30 minutes and the converting process is only a quarter finished!! i have a 1.67ghz Powerbook G4. is there a faster process or program i can use to burn dvd's?

2. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

not really

it typcially takes a LONG TIME for the encoding process of video, it has to be reformatted then burned so it takes a while. i did that with about two hours of movie in avi format, first importing to imovie and then burining to a dvd so it would play on commercial dvd players an not just comps. Whole process took about 10 hours, i have a 1.5 ghz pb with 4x superdrive, so it is a similar time check. Gl with everythiing and remember, patience is a virtue.

3. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

how come on my friends PC, which is similiar speed to my Mac - it only takes 30 minutes to convert and burn a 1 gig .avi file?

it took 10 hours for you to brun a 2 hour DVD!?!?!?!? that's insane!

4. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I'd like to know the answer to your question too...

5. Jen5678 macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this would work or not,

but maybe you can make a VIDEO_TS folder and put the files you would like to burn in there, then make it an image file and burn it through disc utilities. ?????????