Best DVD to DivX Ripper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacAztec, May 25, 2003.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hey. I was wondering what you guys think is the best DVD to DivX ripper. I use forty-two at the moment, but its kinda slow and the "DVD (1CD)" format is good, but its still a little blocky. Is there another way in forty-two to set the file size to...say....700MB, and then let it rip at the best it can, but it has to be 700MB?

I just ripped XMen, and it looks pretty good, but the size is is only 620MB. I bet if I could have said to let it get to like 700MB, the quality would have boosted.

Are there any other ways?

2. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

mencoder is prettygood.has lots of settings and stuff.

3. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Help

I downloaded mencoder. It looks pretty complex, so can you step me through ripping a DVD? What settings should I change from the default?

I have inserted the Training Day DVD, but I dont know how to get it started (the ripping process). Someone help!

4. razorme macrumors regular

razorme

I just back up the DVD as is - it's about 5 gigs a shot. I usually play with the chapters to figure out what I can get rid of. Quality is pristine and only takes about 15 minutes to copy over! Use DVDBackup. Big hard drives are getting cheaper!