best energy drink

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by switchedanhappy, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

I think I may have done it. I think that I may have somehow drank enough coffee that I've built up a tolerance :eek: . does anyone know of a good energy drink that will help me get through the day? CAPT testing is really boring and I always find myself falling asleep and behind because I'm too tired to do them.(before anyone says anything, no, I cannot just sleep more. I am not in a good situation to just sleep all the time) algebra too. ever seen ferris bueller? you know where in the beginning the teacher is like, "bueller? bueller? ferris bueller?" my algebra teacher is exactly like that all class.
    I heard ballz was good, but it's hard to find.
    plz help!

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

3. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Man, I had this stuff one time called "sparks" It was billed as an alcoholic energy drink filled with "guarine, taurine, and other nutrients" or something along those lines. Anyway, after drinking a can I noticed no real effect than a mild buzz, until i woke up at 4 am, completely wired and unable to sleep.

Guess its not really what you're looking for though.

4. switchedanhappy thread starter macrumors regular

water isn't exactly an energy drink. try again but this time don't fail pathetically :rolleyes:

5. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

Surge!!!

Okay, so it isn't an energy drink, but I do wish Coca-Cola would bring it back :(

6. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

only drink that can even come close to giving me energy is coffee. my one true love.

7. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    actually if you drink enough water (8 glasses daily) and stop drinking caffiene you'll feel much better and have more energy after the ugly withdrawl you'll have.

8. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Wait, you are in algebra, so you are around 14 years old. You need energy drinks? Just drink water. That stuff is bad for you. If you cant stay awake for the day, you have problems. Go to bed earlier. Drink water.

9. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I hate to agree with MacAztec (not cause I don't like you :p, but cause I hate down grading younger grades). I was really tired in HS too all the time, mostly cause I spent too much time going out. It just gets harder and harder. I'm in my second year of college and I know it's not going to get any better soon. When I finally got to college I learned that both learning how to survive on little to no caffine (because when you fall off the cliff of not being able to live on virtual energy it can take you out for a whole week) and just getting better but shorter sleep is what you have to do. I always thought time management was bogus, but to tell you the truth, that's more than half of succeding.

BEN

10. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Maybe you should read the "too much masturbation" thread. You are probably wankin' it too much, and releasing too much seratonin.

Masturbate less, go for a run, and get a solid 8 hours, and you won't need an energy drink. :D

Not very Zen, is it?

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Water's good with a caffeine-free diet.

If you need a shot of energy for a sports activity, take a creatine powder. Mixed with plenty of water, it's not quite as dehydrating (creatine overfills your muscles with water) and contains a good dose of dextrose.

Creatine has been shown to improve test grades and mental function, FWIW.

But I wouldn't recommend it for kids.

Quit caffeine. You'll be amazed how much more awake you can be without it.

12. g808 macrumors regular

Although you don't want to take too much creatine because your body will begin to depend on it and your muscles will generate less and less.

As far as energy drinks I've tried Jolt, Monster, Red Bull, and Rock Star. All do the trick for me.

13. switchedanhappy thread starter macrumors regular

ummm ewww. but yeah maybe i'll try this whole "water" thing. if it werks I'l make a new thread about it.

14. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've only ever had a couple of cans or Red Bull. that was once for the first time when i rode my BMX down to the store to try it out, and WHOA!! :eek: the ride back up the hill felt like nothing, that really gave me a serious energy boost! :D

i would definitely not recommend drinking any of that stuff if you're just sitting around. i see heaps of people who work office jobs drinking cans of 'V', and they're just going to be sitting all afternoon. :rolleyes: i'm sure that can't be good for you.

also, my bro had Red Bull before a soccer match once, and he played flat-out the whole game, like he was on some super-energy drug. but then the next day he really felt it, like he had the energy, but the Red Bull made him push his body more than it would normall allow.

Drink with caution.

15. 173080 macrumors 6502

I've been drinking RedBull almost everyday during School for quite some time. I built up a tolerance to it so I had to drink 2. Last week I was drinking 3 and they had a minimal effect. Now I found something called "Shotz", which seems to do the job well. :D

16. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

I had to write a paper on why energy drinks don't live upto their claims, and then give a presentation to 5 doctors on it.

Needless to say, they aren't much better than water (I think they provided something like a 3% performance boost over water alone, which provided something like a 76% boost) but they cost $$$ times as much as water.

AppleMatt

17. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

espresso.

yerba mate. mmh, that works.

if in need of a longer energy drink, make a shake. soy protein powder (e.g. from gmc), strawberries, mangos, bananas etc (any fruit you like will do), a bit of brown sugar, water (if needed) and a lot of ice. make it a smoothie.

that keeps me going all day. without hunger.

18. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

19. neut macrumors 68000

neut

Rockstar is the **** (read: it's liquid crack), but stick with water and you'll live longer.

<damn this mountain dew! you will be the death of me!!!>

peace.

20. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I hate water, but more water and fewer fried foods will help.

If you really want something in the morning that will give you energy, try miso soup. There are a couple of good Japanese brands that sell it complete with seaweed. You may also buy tubs of plain miso, which is soybean paste, at Asian stores and add water. It may not be the taste you want to start your day, but it's definitely a great thing for both health and energy.

21. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

to answer in an on-topic kind of way, when I go for decent-length car trips while I'm driving, I stop and get an orange-flavored KMX energy drink. It seems to have the same overall effect, without that pesky "tastes like a urinalcake" flavor. Redbull is nasty - if you like the flavor, just suck on a Halls cough drop, or better yet, just have a glass of Tide laundry detergent. Worse yet is SoBe adrenaline drink (black can with a lizard on it)... tastes like a bagfull of buttholes.

glad I could help...
    - Mud.

22. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Damn...Beat me to it! :D

23. Bluefusion macrumors 6502

Bluefusion

best energy drink ever is MONSTER!!!! :) One hell of a drink!

24. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Water... WITH SUGAR!

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Maybe they'll bring back JOLT cola. :p

On a more serious note, I carry Emergen-C packs with me when I go backpacking because they have electrolytes that help you hydrate faster. Also for less weight-conscious settings, I've found that SmartWater's plain water with electrolytes is tasty, has no fructose like their other waters, and hydrates you as fast as Gatorade without the crappy taste or artificial colors.

Although the best thing might not be a drink... have you tried Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans yet? :D Talk about bouncing off the walls!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.