Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
I'm a big fan of Gatorade and Powerade, especially when I need to replace electrolytes after a run, or some strenuous exercise...

But Berocca is pretty cool too (especially after a night of binge-drinking!).

:D

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Maxwell House. Milk, not cream. No sugar. Either that or Bass Ale.
Energy drinks, like 128 oz. 7-11 drinks, is idiotic.

windowsblowsass

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
pa
g808 said:
Although you don't want to take too much creatine because your body will begin to depend on it and your muscles will generate less and less.

As far as energy drinks I've tried Jolt, Monster, Red Bull, and Rock Star. All do the trick for me.
actually in ur teen years creotine is literally pissing your money away you already produce so much **** you just piss it out

Applexilef

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2004
How about drinking "Crunk" by lil' jon, and I'm not kidding...
It'll shake you like a saltshaker

phonemonkey

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2004
Virginia
get some coca-cola from the early 1900's, boil it down and sniff what's left over

just kidding, these guys are right. drink water and get enough sleep. you're probably staying up too late if you're anything like a normal 14 year old

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Counterfit said:
I love those things! Hard to find though :(

My vote goes for Red Bull though. ;)

go to any borders bookstore, in the cafe they are 1.79 for a little bag of them. [choco espresso beans, not red bull]

anyhow, my votes on sobe in moderation, its better than red bull, but i drank too much one week (alsowith some excess mt dew) and got really sick....bad heartburn, the doc thouhgt i might have triggered an acid reflux reaction with all the soda and ****.
so watch yourself.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Japan has an endless supply of 'genki' drinks...

I have never drunk coffee or tea of any sort. I do enjoy Pepsi and/or Coke though. I rarely need an energy boost as my body is used to not needing caffein every day, that is not to say I am healthly, I drink alcohol like a fish and eat so much crap it isn't funny.

However, when I really need a buzz after a hard day/night I go for a 'genki' drink. They are small 100ml/50ml bottles of pure energy (usually a mixture of caffein, nicotine or something ekse that tastes like petrol). These little bottles of joy are available everywhere (supermarkets, pharmacies, corner shops) are are made by most major pharmaceutical companies, and have the strangest names. My favourites are Aspara and the ones from Taisho, who I think make Red Bull (which is not here in Japan).

I know people who need one daily, talk about an addiction. Anyway, way way stronger than Jolt or Red Bull and most probably the others available outside of Japan as 'genki' drinks are so concentrated...

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Well I have to admit I'm a Redbull connoisseur, and what the website says is true, the differences are evident between country to country, not because of taste but because of the vitamin mix. I've tried (in order of preference) Redbull from Poland, Spain, UK, America, and Thailand. What really makes it best is the B6 to B12 ratios used in the drink. The Thai stuff is rated lower, because it's a syurp like version that's supposed to be mixed with soda-water... it's ok (albeit a little strange) straight out of the bottle, but I could never mix it right with anything. I've heard that the original Austrian stuff is the best, but I have yet to taste it. :( Speaking of taste, I've grown to love the apple-esque taste of it, but I always keep in mind that Rebull is a tool, not a soft drink! If you are having one, or two a day you're not thirsty or tired, you're a junkie. ;)

I love this stuff so much once every two months or so I go with a few friends down to Buffalo and split the purchase of a case or two with them. I just hope it comes to Canada soon...and in the Austrian version too!

dynamicd

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago
One this that is good that no one has mentioned is pedialyte. Which is normally used to hydrate infants that are sick and have lost a lot of water. It's got more electrolytes than gatorade and has nutrients on top of it. Also have read that it's the best for hangovers and I can testify to that.

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
triple venti mocha frappuccino
sparks
sobe adrenaline

i have been hooked on each at some point... the sparks is great if you drink
the whole four pack you cant feel your limbs...

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
wdlove said:
A good drink that is healthy POM, 100% pomegranate juice. Delicious, refreshing, antioxidant superpower.

http://www.pomwonderful.com/

it tasted a lot like grape juice when my friend at work tried it. i've had pomegranates before and they have a distinct flavor... this stuff didn't have what i was expecting.

though one of my co-workers loved the ****; but he likes grape juice.

peace.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
"Look into meth." LOL :D or how about PCP, maybe some RU-468?:p but to get into that stuff you'd have to be a millionaire in Aruba...;)

i was just thinking... they should change the name of 'V' to 'Valkyr', and then use that cool symbol from Max Payne, or maybe the could bring out their own drink called 'Valkyr'. :D

i like Jolt as well, but not for energy. i drink it mostly when i've at an internet cafe playing games via LAN. that drink is really good for that stuff. :)

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
I'd have to add my vote for Gatorade, based on totally unscientific results experienced after very strenuous work and feeling better after a dose of this electrolyte drink.

I also like the caffiene/suger/herbal-additive-of-the-day drinks for picking me up when an iced coffee isn't handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.