Best export quality iMovie -->FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CmdrLaForge, Jan 21, 2007.

1. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hi

I have a question regarding the best export options from iMovie or Motion into Final Cut Express.

I am using Final Cut Express for all my DV editing but sometimes I create sequences in iMovie because I like to new themes and I use them in my FCE projects.

If I export the movie as a DV project and then import into FCE the quality is by far not as good as in iMovie.

Therefore my question --> which export option should and settings should I use?

In addition I am using Motion for short sequences and I am importing the Motion file directly into FCE. Here as well the quality is not that good. What should I do here?

Thanks a lot for your feedback
    Cheers
    LaForge

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Final Cut Express should allow you to just open your iMovie project file.

Just go file open, and click on your iMovie project. As far as motion goes I am not sure, but DV should be the best quality to export to.. not sure why it wouldn't be.

3. CmdrLaForge thread starter macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I will try to open the iMovie file and use it as a sequenz in the other project - that could work.

DV colorspace is 4:1:1 and as a compressed format not the best option. Any other ideas?

Cheers
    LaForge