Best Export with keynote 2?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tangerineyum, May 12, 2005.

1. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

My kid is putting together a slideshow as a gift for some one. I was wondering what the best and most stable format would be for exporting to a windows machine. I dont know what software the other person has so right now im between quicktime and flash. Unless any one has any better suugestions? The gift (slideshow) is due by saturday night.

2. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

This is what I have done

I've been doing the same thing on my Mac. I've found that by exporting to quicktime the quality is lost. What I've been doing is exporting the slides (in keynote) as tiff files at the highest quality (using 640X480). Then import them into iPhoto where you can add music or different transitions using the slideshow option. Then you can export to Quicktime or to iDVD and make a movie. I'm not sure how the quality is for Quicktime because I've not tried this.... link

I've been exporting to iDVD to make a movie and they've turned out great. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question...

Could you please tell us what type of hardware your limited to: superdrive or cd burner.

Nuc

3. NCTRNL macrumors regular

You can keep the quality high in the QT video if you choose to export it that way. It gives you that option when you do that...

4. tangerineyum thread starter macrumors 6502

I would have never thought of that.

I have all the hardware needed to do what u suggest. Combo drive on the ibook with ilife '05 and superdrive on the eMac with ilife '04.