Best External Fans/Cooling pads?

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by 1rottenapple, May 13, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

Hey I was wondering what everyone's opinion on the various cooling pads out there. I personally like how the ibreeze fits the whole elegant styling of Apple. I think that fan is between the desk and the laptop so there is air that passes and is able to draw air better, then say the chillpad. I would imagine the chill pad being unable to draw the same amount of air as the ibreeze since it is flat on the desk. The thing is, I kinda like how portable the chillpad really seems to be. Then there is that aluminum laptop holder/cushion (I forgot what's it is called) it is not a fan but conducts heat by its inner material of the metal. I wonder how well it cools though...

Anythoughts or should I keep rambling... :p

2. macrumors 65816

any links? i'd like to get something for my 12.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

4. macrumors 68020

i think i need to invest in something like this if i am going to continue to use my 12in iBook as a desktop replacement plus some portability once in awhile...

i just dont' think that i want fans... i love how quiet my machine is, and i don't want to have to listen to fans...

does anybody know of a solution to this problem without using a "fan" device, BESIDES the iCurve? (i dont' like that one)

PS 500!

5. macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    icepad

macally's icepad might be what you are looking for.

i have one, and i love the angle i get from it.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

I bought a usb external fan a few days ago. It is arriving tomorrow and it was only 11 plus 6 for shipping. The fan is about 80 mm, so about 3 inches.