Best fidelity in-ear buds?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by netdog, Jun 4, 2006.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Something along the size of the Shures is as big as I want to go. What have the best fidelity, preferably at a cost that is something less than the price of the iPod itself?

2. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Well from what I hear the Shures are great. I have a pair of Etymotic ER-6i which I love. I have had them now for 8 months and only replaced the filters once.

Both companys offer different earphones with different quality. The more you pay the better the earphones. You can spend a lot of money if you want.

The Etymotic Er-6i and the Shure E2c are great 'phones and won't cost you the earth. I got the Er-6i because they were white (oh I'm so vein) and you don't have to run the cord behind your ear like the Shures. But everyone who has Shures loves 'em.

P.S. I got my Etys from ebay - much cheaper than here in Oz

3. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

For about $50 US you can get the Sony EX71s. I adore those things. The sound is amazing and the price is very fair. :)

4. luckylisp macrumors 6502

I don't have them myself, but a lot of people seem to be mentioning the Panasonic HJE70 Headphones lately. They're about 70.00 or so.

5. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

If you can get the Denon DJ headphones, dn-hp1000.

There only about $160-$200

6. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

I'm just not sure I could fit these in my ears.

7. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

I nearly fell of my chair when I ready that. :D

I've had the E3Cs for about 3 months, and they're fantastic, though I don't have much experience with other high-end earphones.

8. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Panasonic HJE-70's. Great sound, amazingly comfortable, and can be found pretty cheap online (retail for $170 but Amazon consistently carries them for ~$80).