Best Finance (MS Money-type) software for Mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by G4scott, Apr 28, 2005.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'm looking for a program that is comparable to Microsoft Money for the mac, and preferably something cheap. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm relatively new to this type of software, and need help deciding what's right. Thanks Ya'll.

2. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Not many options

Too bad there aren't many options. I think you're kinda stuck and have to use Quicken but so many people and reviews bash it. Go to Amazon.com and do a search for Quicken for Mac and read the reviews there. They aren't the greatest.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I happen to like Quicken 2005 for Mac. It works fine for me. I use Quickbooks Pro for my small business as well.

$69 isn't cheap, but I think it's worth it ;)

5. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

This program works very well. The only problem is, and it might be with the .qif file that Microsoft Money outputs, is that it doesn't put transactions into the categories that they're in with Microsoft Money.

Other than that, for the price, money seems like it'll work well. I'm still playing with some freeware apps I found, though...