Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
I've been using xACT to this day, but I was wondering if there were any alternatives. It's unable to convert one set of files, and I was looking for an alternative program. However, my search has been rather fruitless (the only apps I've found are rather old, not supporting Mountain Lion, etc).

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
You mean FLAC to Apple Lossless? XLD for me.

AIFF actually, but XLD works fine. Turns out, it's the actual files themselves. XLD seems to work fine with my other FLAC content too.

XLD converts the files without introducing gaps, etc, right? (aka it's a 100% accurate FLAC to AIFF converter) Would you go with XLD or xACT?

techie-guy

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
XLD rocks

But everything is functional with Mountain Lion. It does most things but there is a directory issue when opening folders as a disc. All other functions seem to work.

ac3320

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
CA
XLD is the closest to EAC on a Mac. It's the ONLY program that has EAC-like cuesheet support, and, as far as I know, the only program that is mindful of pre-gap info. Really, pre-gap is only important if you want to burn an *exact* audio copy of the CD you burned originally. But if you want to be hardcore about ripping/burning, XLD is the way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.