Best Flickr Tool

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M@lew, Feb 26, 2007.

1. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I just got a Flickr account and was wondering what is the best application I can use to manage it? I've found FlickrExport, 1001 and FlickrUploader (Which isn't UB). Which is the best out of the 3, or is there a better one?

2. vniow macrumors G4

I couldn't get any of those to upload properly but this one worked. Perhaps it was because I had 194 photos to upload but still...

http://picturesync.net/

3. acidity macrumors regular

Thanks for the pointer. Even I was looking for a similar pointer. Looks good. Uploaded my 250 pics. Only drawback seems that I cant set images to a particular SET.

Or did I miss something?

4. VerseGuru macrumors newbie

Click the bottom of the Upload button (or File menu) and choose ‘Upload To…’. You can make this the default in the preferences. The next version will actually allow you drag and drop onto your sets directly, which will the whole process a bit more transparent.

FYI I'm the developer so if you've any feedback be sure to send it my way!

5. acidity macrumors regular

Thanks. Nice app BTW. Works as expected!

I will probably use Upload As from next time. I only use Flickr to upload images when which I take while travelling so 99% of the time I upload and create a set of it. For me, Upload As... option is more preferable.

6. rksprst macrumors member

I know this is a dumb question, but where is the option to create a new set in flickr?

I've created new sets before, but I can't find the actual link to do that now no matter how hard I look, it seems to be gone. (And I don't have a limit on the set numbers so that shouldn't be the problem.)

7. M@lew thread starter macrumors 68000

M@lew

Go to Organise Photo's -> Sets -> Create New Set (In the to right corner.) :)

8. mikefly macrumors regular

webshots

any suggestions for webshots?

I tried picturesync, but for some reason it just didn't work -- (my connection is not as stable as one would hope)

Mike

9. rksprst macrumors member

Thanks! Guess the problem is that the organize function doesn't work in Safari. Must have used firefox when I created my other sets.

10. M@lew thread starter macrumors 68000

M@lew

That's what I don't like about the imagehosting sites. (Photobucket/Flickr) They're not that compatible with Safari and you have to use Firefox to make the most of them.