Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhagg

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Newport Beach, CA
Hello,

As the subject states I am looking for best recommendations for a Folder Sync app for Mac OS X. I want to auto sync some folders with my dropbox folders so there is redundancy. Looked up a few on the app store but they seem to have horrible reviews. If anyone can point me in a reliable direction that would be great. Can be free or paid.

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
As the subject states I am looking for best recommendations for a Folder Sync app for Mac OS X. I want to auto sync some folders with my dropbox folders so there is redundancy. Looked up a few on the app store but they seem to have horrible reviews. If anyone can point me in a reliable direction that would be great.

Hi,

Are you thinking about one way syncing or two way?

That's to say, if you just want to make sure that a replica of folder X on your Mac exists on dropbox then that's one way syncing. However, if you want to do that and also make sure that anything in on dropbox that's not in folder X gets copied to folder X then thats two way syncing.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
+1 from another Chronosync user. Good software, good support.
It replaced TimeMachine for me.

Reactions: lars666

jhagg

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Newport Beach, CA
Thanks guys, I was looking for 2-way sync just to be safe. I looked at Chronosync, and while the main program looked like overkill for what I need, just syncing folders really, their Chronosync Express looked prefect so I grabbed that. Only 1 day in, but so far it is doing exactly what I wanted, I really appreciate the recommendations, and I would definitely recommend Chronosync Express to anyone else wondering. If that happens to change over time I will post here to update.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Thanks guys, I was looking for 2-way sync just to be safe. I looked at Chronosync, and while the main program looked like overkill for what I need, just syncing folders really, their Chronosync Express looked prefect so I grabbed that. Only 1 day in, but so far it is doing exactly what I wanted, I really appreciate the recommendations, and I would definitely recommend Chronosync Express to anyone else wondering. If that happens to change over time I will post here to update.

Thanks for letting us know jhagg - glad to hear you found a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.