Best fuel efficient vehicle

Discussion in 'Community' started by FEAutos, Aug 17, 2004.

1. FEAutos macrumors newbie

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

hm, you've left out one or two. or a hundred and sixty.

photos don't load, either.

3. FEAutos thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks for the input zimv20...is there a way to fix that? do you think it is because you are using safari? is anyone else having that issue as well?
    please check out the rest of the site as well...

also if anyone finds any issues please send them to us using our contact us form...or post them on our forum...thank you for the feedback

4. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Pics don't load with Firefox either. Also the text is a little too large for my taste.

5. FEAutos thread starter macrumors newbie

ILike...same question as I asked zimv...do you think it is because of Firefox and the coding in HTML that I have done? thx

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Lose the backward slashes.

7. FEAutos thread starter macrumors newbie

should they be forward slashes such as:

folder/folder/pic.jpg??

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, that's the standard way to do it.

9. FEAutos thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all for the help with the code...I have corrected the issue and hopefully you all will be able to see the pictures now...if you can't please post me a message. thx :D

10. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Yep works for me now.
    I wonder why the Chevy Suburban and Ford Excursion aren't in the fuel efficient categories? I remember them getting at-least 13 mpg. :rolleyes:

11. FEAutos thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the help...you guys are great!! for anyone who tried to see the survey before but it didn't work give it another shot...thank you all once again you all rule!!

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Looks like they left out the Mercedes Benz E320 CDI, which gets close the the same mileage as the diesel VW Passat -- at twice the price.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My favourite is the 1980 Feet. They're great. The 1995 Bicycle is quite good as well. :)

We need more cars that run on Biodiesel, veggie oils, excrement, or something. We see this stuff on Learning Channel and what not, and yet they're not widespread and running rampant. Why not? :mad:

14. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I drive a 1989 crx hf, i still get over 50mpg on the highway and have 260,000 on the odometer. Runs on regular and looks like crap after 15 years. But wears like an old pair of jeans, my wife and family think it is embarrassing, so the new models interest me. Why is my 15 year old car still a mileage champ? MPG wont matter if we can just solve the fuel cell problems and stick it to the OPEC fat cats.

15. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

So you decided to include the VW Passat Diesel, but not the Jetta Diesel? Or the Toureg V10 Diesel?

oookaaayyy...

16. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Until 4 years ago I owned a Honda that got 48 miles to the gallon on the highway. 35+ on side streets. It had 190,000 miles on it when I moved to CA and I gave it to a friend (it was 8 years old).

Better than some of the hybrids!

17. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

<chuckles>

That is good...

18. belair macrumors 6502

belair

We don't see them in real life because of the power of the oil industry. All the big oil companys have been buying patents for new energy sources for the last decade. It is them who slow the process down buy not pursuing any effective research.

Well they do research but I get this feeling that they will come out with the first reliable mass productible hybrid car the day the last drop of oil is sold.

Remember a war is being fought right now over oil. It's too huge a buisness to just stop exploiting it.

So no hybrid cars soon.

19. sonyrules macrumors regular

Damn, i drive a Saturn and get fuel than most of them, on the average, 40-42. I have no idea what for was thinking making a hybird SUV.. Thats crazy...

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I beg to differ, as exampled there are tens of thousands made each year, the insight an prius have millions of consumer miles under their steel belts, and according to my friends that own them, are extremely reliable. I hear the wait list for the prius is 6 months or more in most of the US. FUEL CELLS on the other hand are quite a few years away. They offer the only real solution, no gas, no polution (except in manufacture), and fueled by the most prevalent substance in the universe!

21. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I would have included the Scion XA seeing how it does 32/38 mpg compared to the Suzuki Aerio's 25/31 and slightly lower 24/29 for the AWD version featured on your site and the XA also beats your featured "value minded choice" the Kia Spectra which only ranks in 24/32 mpg and costs between just under $12,000-14,000 and the XA costs just under $12,000 period and the XA is made by Toyota and the Spectra is a piece of crap Kia.
    All in you picked a few poor choices for the model of the year.

22. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I had to vote for the honda civic hybrid, just because I drive one - but those mini's are really cool. :)

scem0

23. takao macrumors 68040

takao

man there are a lot of cars missing

especially the usual suspects from vw,audi (Lupo, A2 etc.)
    perhaps those and all those diesels are not available in the US

yeah and to call on 32MPG on highway 'great milage' is... well.... amusing (on our last big highway trip we got around 30-32MPG with our 12 year old Mercedes C190)

24. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

I find it difficult to believe fuel efficiency is really a prime concern when every vehicle listed has 4 wheels.. but maybe that's just me. I like the 70MPG I get on 2 wheels.

25. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

That's just you.