Best Game Controller?

Discussion in 'Games' started by guyute, Apr 7, 2004.

1. guyute macrumors member

I am wanting to know what everyone recommends for a game controller for my G5. I am really wanting to play some mac halo but I am used to the xbox controller and really can't get down with the mouse keyboard thing. All advise appreciated.

2. guyute thread starter macrumors member

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I believe there are actually adaptors that will let you use your xBox controller, but you might have to use USBOverdrive to run it. Not sure, try googling. For the rest of your FPS needs I definitely recomend Belkins Nostromo, that thing is GREAT. Top notch. If you are looking for USB gamepads Belkin, Microsoft, Logitech, and others make them. Take a look at http://www.insidemacgames.com for info and reviews.

4. nargot macrumors regular

i got my usb adapter (playstation2 controller on a mac) from liksang.com, they delivered to australia from HK, 3 days after i ordered... insanely fast. The one i got was a smartjoy and it works under both gamepad companion and usboverdrive (both can be downloaded from versiontracker.com)

5. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

I really like my Nostromo Speedpad. I don't use it much for games, but it is great for shortcuts in Photoshop or InDesign. It was pretty easy to set up: plug it in, get the drivers, and play.

6. imsupergrover macrumors newbie

speedpad for Adobe? say it ain't so

I'm a casual gamer and a full-time designer. so when i heard that you can use the speedpad on adobe products, i took a double-take. How well does it work. Also, I use a lot of Macromedia products, do you know how it works with those?

thanks

Todd

7. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

What's a good stick to use with X-Plane on Mac?

8. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

:)

9. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I would love to get one too.

Anybody know if Force Feedback is supported then too?