Best games for portables (with a trackpad)??

Discussion in 'Games' started by KriC, Jul 9, 2004.

1. KriC macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2004
    Hi all,

So - I learned the hard way and bought COD for a portable with a trackpad and one mouse button, which was quite stupid..

Which brings up the issue - what are the best games to run on a portable mac with a trackpad and a single mouse button??

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    Buy a real mouse... Trackpads are not gaming material.
  3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    um.... basically any game where it's keyboard only, like deimos rising or something... I can't even play a minesweeper clone with the trackpad...
  4. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    Fullerton, California

yes, buy a mouse...or get can play that with you keyboard....if your are too cheap to buy a mouse...throw your computer out of the window and some parts of the computer will pop out and "look" like mouses, they wont necessarily WORK like mouses, but theyll look like one... :D :p
  5. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Well, you have two options: Either get a real mouse, or play some other games.

A nice mouse I've seen just today is from Microsoft (they make some nice mice at times). This one is the best I've seen yet: It's not out yet, but it looks nice.

Something more portable and wireless, go with this Logitech mouse:

I recommend RTSes, Zoo Tycoon, The Sims, SimCity 4, or some good arcade-style games like Deimos Rising. Freeverse has a great line of small games that are very one-button/trackpad friendly.