Best graphics tablet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by johng723, Jun 10, 2004.

1. johng723 macrumors member

May 31, 2004
    I'm trying to decide which graphics tablet is the best one for use in photoshop and flash. At this point im looking at the wacom intuos2 6x8. Any suggestions?
  2. smllpx macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    go with the wacom intuos2 6x8

I have a intuos 6x8 and 9x12 and love them. The 9x12 is sometimes too big. The 6x8 is a really nice first tablet, if later you feel constrained by it, upgrade to the 9x12, but don't sell your old one, it will come in handy.
  3. DGFan macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
    Is there any significant difference between the Graphire3 and Intuos2 tablets other than pressure sensitivity? I was looking at the wacom site and can't find anything significant.

Specifically, here:

But maybe I just don't understand how I would use the features.
  4. smllpx macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tilt, some apps can detect how you are holding the pen. Painter does (which I always hated until I got a tablet)

Graphire3 has 100 pps (points per second)
    Intuos2 has 200 pps

yeah, the Intuos2 6x8 is $100 more than the Graphire3, but you will also be able to by other pens like the air brush and others. Also the Intous has a better warranty. I would consider the Graphire if I was to by a 4x5 (which is too small imho). It really depends. Some people buy a tablet and only use it once and a while, others fall in love. If you are unsure on how you are going to use it you might want to go with the Graphire3 knowing you might upgrade to the Intuos.