Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
looking for any cases that focus on grip or has a material like rubber that helps with gripping the phone. I have a iPhone 6 Plus and cases I've purchased always seem to focus on a smooth matte feel which have been slightly slippery

Example of what I'm looking for in a case is one that makes it hard to slip in and out of your pocket or no slippage when laying it on a slanted surface.

Any case that meets with what I'm looking for?

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
The speck candyshell would be the first one that comes to mind especially the part where you mentioned it being hard to slip in and out pockets. You may also want take a look at the zoogue social pro and Magpul field case. I own all three cases and like them all for different purposes.

-michele-

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2015
San Diego
I think the THULE Atmos X3 case in White/Dark Shadow Gray that I use for my own Space Gray iPhone 6 would have that grippy factor you're looking for.

After going through a good number of cases (Incipio Dual Pro, Otterbox Defender Series, Tech21 Classic Smokey Check Case, Ringke Fusion) I've settled on this one.

If considering this THULE Atmos X3 case, you may want to stick with the color mentioned above or the Black version. I've read too many reviews where the Green/Dark Shadow color changes.

As of my initial THULE case purchase in NOV-2014, I've had Zero issues and keep on going back to this one. Unfortunately, it doesn't picture very well on Best Buy's website. But it definitely does serve both Form & Function.

Dropped my iPhone 6 three times without a screen protector and both the iPhone and THULE case are still in 100% perfect working condition. It has a decent lip size and the headphone jack is a perfect fit for my Master & Dynamic MH49 Over Ear Headphones.

But if grip factor is the main criteria you're looking for, this THULE Atmos 3 case certainly fits the bill.

Reactions: danny8200 and AE14

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I think the THULE Atmos X3 case in White/Dark Shadow Gray that I use for my own Space Gray iPhone 6 would have that grippy factor you're looking for.

After going through a good number of cases (Incipio Dual Pro, Otterbox Defender Series, Tech21 Classic Smokey Check Case, Ringke Fusion) I've settled on this one.

If considering this THULE Atmos X3 case, you may want to stick with the color mentioned above or the Black version. I've read too many reviews where the Green/Dark Shadow color changes.

As of my initial THULE case purchase in NOV-2014, I've had Zero issues and keep on going back to this one. Unfortunately, it doesn't picture very well on Best Buy's website. But it definitely does serve both Form & Function.

Dropped my iPhone 6 three times without a screen protector and both the iPhone and THULE case are still in 100% perfect working condition. It has a decent lip size and the headphone jack is a perfect fit for my Master & Dynamic MH49 Over Ear Headphones.

But if grip factor is the main criteria you're looking for, this THULE Atmos 3 case certainly fits the bill.
The Thule Atmos X3 is indeed grippy and it is one of my favorite cases, as is the super grippy Candyshell Grip. If you are considering the Atmos X3, be aware that Thule has just announced the release of the Atmos X4 for 6 and 6 Plus-- it should be available in a few weeks. I am awaiting my review unit and will post my review here once I receive it...

Reactions: danny8200 and AE14

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
Second for Magpul.

What's outstanding is the texture which is not rubbery at all but is uniquely textured to be very grippy. I don't like rubbery because it attracts lint and debris and can damage easily.

RobAus

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Everywhere
Something that's made of Gel (TPU) I think would be the best for you.

I'm actually testing out a hard gloss case at the moment (normally use a plastic/wooden case with edges), and because it's slippery and doesn't have any edges, I've nearly dropped it a thousand times in a week!

Silicone will stretch but is very grippy, TPU or 'Gel' cases I think will offer the best mix of grip, protection, and looks for your iPhone.

Just my opinion, but I have used around 100 cases in the last couple of years :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.