Best guess on release of new Displays??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ryan McCanical, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Ryan McCanical macrumors newbie

Can any one make an educated guess as to when they will be updated.. or is it still pretty much anyone's guess at this point? I would like the curent 17" for around $500. That would be solid!

2. syvalley macrumors newbie

New LCD's?

Anyone seen any estimates on any of the rumor sites?

3. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

i would image this summer, maybe a slight price drop too

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yep, it could be anytime but WWDC is a good bet, or even before.

If they improve the screen resolution as well as the form factor, current screens should be significantly cheaper...

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

with the news recently published about:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=68196

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=63427

I have a feeling that Apple is in the progress of updating their entire line.
    from the buzz going on

http://www.macobserver.com/stockwatch/2001/04/19.3.shtml

and the recent closure of a manufacturing plant in CA they could be in the process of renewing the entire line. So as far as Powerbooks or anything else it could be a matter of priorities, and this year of 2004 could see a total revamping of Apple in general.

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

7. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Yeah, I want some cheap 200-250 dollar LCD's...Perhaps I am dreaming, and perhaps I'll wake up soon, but I want this. The current ones are way too overpriced.

8. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

highly unlikely
    even online, i haven't seen a 17 inch for much less than 400 and those aren't digital

9. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

WWDC with the Powermac Updates. Could be earlier but thats my best bet. WOuld be nice to bring out the new moniters with the best computers.

10. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Exactly what I see happening, maybe not at WWDC (sooner perhaps?) It'd be great to have those before WWDC so that it can be used to announce the Next-Big-Thing™ from Apple.

11. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Sooner would be nice but the only reason that would happen is because i just ordered the Nikon D70 which has dropped my bank account a little bit. So now i have to save up a few weeks of work before any major computer purchases occur. If the PM update happens in the next 2-3 weeks i will be fine as i can still cancel my camera order (wolfcamera is waiting on a shipment from Nikon), and order the comp which i was getting in the first place.