Best hard snap on case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RonShort, Sep 18, 2012.

1. RonShort, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

macrumors member

Jul 17, 2010
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2010
    For the most part, people seem to like the Speck SeeThru case. It's pretty cheap and has pretty good reviews for the most part.

I don't have much experience with other cases, so someone will have to pitch in there.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2012
    I'm using an Incipio Feather on my MBA 11. I read a few reviews about the Speck cracking which put me off that. A shame because I preferred the Speck colours.
  4. macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2012
    Best MacBook Case

I have the mCover by iPearl. It stands apart from the other covers since it has retractable pegs that can prop up the laptop for better heat dissapation and ergonomics.

I posted a video demonstration of it on YouTube.
  5. macrumors regular

Nov 1, 2011
    I highly highly highly recommend the Moshi iGlaze shell. I have the clear version on my 13" Air and it is a smooth, good looking case. It fits so well. It's like when Homer kept hearing Flanders say "It feels like nothing at all... nothing at all... nothing at all."
  6. macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

Nov 18, 2011
    I dislike the mpearl. The hinges are sloppy, and the feet are adhered with glue and came off quickly. Also, the case likes to seperate from the MBA easily.
  7. macrumors regular

May 11, 2012
    The Moshi is absolutely the best. I have a Speck clear from before I got my Moshi and the Moshi looks and feels 1000% nicer. It is more expensive, but well worth it.

Also on an 11" Air. :)

Stands apart... Yuck-yuck-yuck! lol
  8. macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2011
    I've been using the mPearl for about six months. I haven't had any problems at all and recommend it. I don't use the feet, so I can't comment on those.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, the feet got harder and harder to extend and retract. I have to put a LOT of pressure on it to get them to retract. The bottom rubber feet were just adhered with glue, and they came off after only about 3 months. I am glad you had success with it, but I can't recommend it to anyone.