Best Headphones at a reasonable price?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vader1990, Nov 9, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Hi,

So I'm a college student, who runs a lot at the gym, also I have a small hike to my classes everyday, so I listen to, on average about an hour - 2 hours of music on my iPhone per day. I would like to invest in some good QUALITY--like good sound quality headphones.

I dont mind the ones I got free with the 3G, but they're kinda dying now, and I would like something that has a little bit of bass to it, if possible, haha. Basically, I want something that will last me a while [college student so can't keep making investments :p], but also have a high quality of sound.

Feel free to throw stuff out at varying price levels, no real set budget as of now.

Thanks!!

2. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Klipsch S4. If you don't care about the microphone or controls, highly recommend the Shure e3/e4. You really should set a budget.

3. macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

4. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Also check out Google.

5. macrumors 68000

Badger^2

6. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You can't go wrong buying something from Shure, Sennheiser. I haven't used any Klipsch stuff so I can't vouch for it.

7. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

As a Shure Fan Boy, the Shure SE110 is a POS.

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors 68000

greygray

10. macrumors member

I LOVE my skull candy Ink'd headphones...can't go wrong with $20 a piece and sound quality is great.

walter..

11. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

And then the suggestions go downhill, and quick.

12. macrumors member

Hey for a college student, they work for me. They are comfortable, affordable, and I am happy with the quality...I just gave my opinion.

walter..

13. macrumors 603

What's reasonable???

I know people who think that $20 headphones are expensive, and people who think that anything under $100 is cheap.

I'm in the middle. I like NuForce and Ultimate Ears buds in that middle price range. Got them through Amazon, where they got excellent reviews (better than skull candy, far better than the OEM Apple buds).

14. macrumors 601

gloss

15. macrumors Core

alphaod

That's why you get the SE530 :D

I think that's the best headphone at a reasonable price. I think I'm the only fool who paid full price for it. :eek:

It can be found online for half of the MSRP.

Yes the SE110 is pretty bad. SE210 is the lowest anyone should go with Shure.

Etymotic ER-6i and Sennheiser CX-300 are other low price earphones at a good price. As far as sound quality goes the quality per dollar spending is logarithmic.