Best Image Viewer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andrewkendall, Oct 25, 2006.

1. andrewkendall macrumors member

Apr 30, 2005
    I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the best image viewer for OSX?
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Just for viewing...?

Probably not the best, but Preview is more than good enough for me... and simple... :)

And with features like dragging images in and out of the drawer (even right from the drawer to trash), fair export options and the Slideshow I actually think it's quite nice...
  3. dogbone macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2005
    S33.687308617200465 E150.31341791152954
    What Mitthrawnuruodo said.

But if you are looking for something quick and dirty you could try the get info window using Option+Cmd+i that way the window stays live and you get to see oversized previews quickly.
  4. DerChef macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    iView Media (or pro version if you want to pay for it)

Shorted next question ;)
  5. dazboardrider macrumors member

Aug 1, 2006
    Fullscreen View in Aperture!

I use my mac book to edit them whilst viewing them on the 32inch! You cant get better than that!
  6. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

Jun 18, 2007
    Looking to see if there are any better image viewing applications for OS X, I ran into this old thread. Sadly, I see very few choices here. Xee is the best one I've found in 2008 so far. I use XNView in Windows XP and I see there was an early attempt at an OS X verison, but sadly it's been discontinued thus far. Can anyone recommend any other viewers that might be BETTER than Xee 2.0? The nice thing about XNView is that it can view movie files inline just like pictures, thus keeping most media in one viewer.