Best... interview... ice breaker... evar!

Discussion in 'Community' started by LethalWolfe, Feb 6, 2003.

1. macrumors demi-god

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    (FYI, I have black hair w/colored highlights) I have an interview for some freelance editing tomorrow and I'm sure part of the conversation is going to go like this:

Matt (guy I'm meeting with): I know this is gonna sound odd, but your face looks, well, a bit pink.
    Me: Yeah, my hands too [shows hands]. This is a funny story.
    Matt: [perplexed look]
    Me: Well, when we set up this meeting a few days ago I had green in my hair. And I didn't think the green was the best color for a first impression. I was going to dye it purple 'cause I have this really dark purple that looks black unless I'm outside or under bright light and even then it just gives a slight purple cast. But my girlfriend suggested I go w/a dark red since a red "sheen" would be less eye catching than a purple sheen.
    Matt: [strange look on his face]
    Me: So I went out and bought the darkest red I could find. So I dyed my hair, and when I washed it out in the shower the red dye went everywhere. It was an absolute mess. And, as you can see, it stained my hands, face and neck pink.

ROFL :D

So not only is my hair a really kewl color of red and black (even though I wanted it all to appear black) but I have some added color to my rather pale complection <sp?>

I'm not pink like a smurf is blue, but I really look a little rosey. The shower curtain is pink. Parts of the tub and shower wall are poink. My towel has pink spots on it. The funnies part is I have a pink strip 'bout 2" wide running down the middle of my back from washing the extra die outta my hair. I've dyed my hair a coupla dozen times now and I've NEVER had anything like this happen. Oh well.

I hope everyone finds this as amusing as I do. :)

2. macrumors 6502a

Jul 14, 2002
    Ha ha. That sucks, I guess. But I'm sure it gives you some character.

How long will it take to go away? Like a week or two?
  3. macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't explain why, but all I could think of as I read this, was the old WKRP episode and the quote, "With God as my witness, I believed that turkeys could fly"
  4. macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
  5. macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002
    I've had a few beers watching TV, and the comment about a pink stipe down your back made me laught my ass off. I kept thinking of that old WB cartoon where the cat gets a white stripe painted down her back and the French skunk Pepe LaPue (spelling) kept chasing her.

Cool..and I am still chuckeling to myself...
  6. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Ah haha, nice story. You'll have to let us know how it goes. Also, you really should post a pic so we can see for ourselves.

Hope the interview went well.

7. thread starter macrumors demi-god

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The interview went well. They don't need any freelancers currently, but things should start picking up in a month or so he asked me to keep checking back.

Thankfully my gf had some make-up remover face cream cleansing stuff that took pink off my face. As much as I was looking forward to explaining why I looked like a pink smurf I'm glad I didn't have to. :)

My natural hair color is dark brown and for the past 6 mo or so I've been having fun dyeing it. Overall it's always black, but the highlights in my hair have been bright red, green, blue, purple, and now blood red (it's actually a very cool color IMO). Depending on the color it usually lasts 7-14 days.

I'll post pix if I can find my digi camera, but I think I left it at my parent's house last weekend.