Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
What does everyone think is the best Air 2 keyboard case? I tried Googling it but all I get is links to manufacturer websites. I remember Logitech and Zagg made decent ones for the Air but reviews of them on Amazon don't seem to be good, mainly not fitting well. Is there one that is really good quality and fits well?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
After researching them all, I ended up with the Belink QODE Ultimate Pro. Super high quality unit. Great keyboard and very strong magnet for putting the iPad on 2 different angles. It makes the Air 2 considerably heavier but it's such a good quality case, I don't mind. The keybaord feels just like the keyboard on my Macbook Pro. I've owned Logitech and Zagg keyboards and this one is far and above the best quality one I've owned. I HIGLY recommend it.

P.S. Amazon had it on backorder until February so I ordered it from Belkin and had it in less than a week.

Reactions: johnnyturbouk

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
After researching them all, I ended up with the Belink QODE Ultimate Pro. Super high quality unit. Great keyboard and very strong magnet for putting the iPad on 2 different angles. It makes the Air 2 considerably heavier but it's such a good quality case, I don't mind. The keybaord feels just like the keyboard on my Macbook Pro. I've owned Logitech and Zagg keyboards and this one is far and above the best quality one I've owned. I HIGLY recommend it.

P.S. Amazon had it on backorder until February so I ordered it from Belkin and had it in less than a week.

Thanks for this. Think my minds made up. Just for another good article about keyboards.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1164210/buying-guide-find-the-best-ipad-keyboard.html

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Thanks for this. Think my minds made up. Just for another good article about keyboards.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1164210/buying-guide-find-the-best-ipad-keyboard.html

Good article. I've supported Zagg and Logitech cases in the past but each review I read had some problem with the Air 2 versions. It seemed like most reviews complained that they didn't fit the Air 2 properly.

This keyboard has a very rugged, high quality feel compared to Logitech and Zagg (at least the ones Ive used). The look and feel of this makes it seem like I have a small touch screen Macbook Air. What I really like about the case itself is that the case part of it is magnetic and detaches from the keyboard so you can use it as a tablet when you don't want or need the keyboard. I also find it refreshing to not spend 3 times the amount of time correcting errors with the software keyboard. I guess if I had to take a point away, it would only be how heavy it makes the Air 2 when the big feature of it is supposed to be the thinness and lightness of it. Other than that, I cannot find any issues with the Qode Ultimate Pro 2. I'd give at a 9/10.

mstein88

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2014
Good article. I've supported Zagg and Logitech cases in the past but each review I read had some problem with the Air 2 versions. It seemed like most reviews complained that they didn't fit the Air 2 properly.

This keyboard has a very rugged, high quality feel compared to Logitech and Zagg (at least the ones Ive used). The look and feel of this makes it seem like I have a small touch screen Macbook Air. What I really like about the case itself is that the case part of it is magnetic and detaches from the keyboard so you can use it as a tablet when you don't want or need the keyboard. I also find it refreshing to not spend 3 times the amount of time correcting errors with the software keyboard. I guess if I had to take a point away, it would only be how heavy it makes the Air 2 when the big feature of it is supposed to be the thinness and lightness of it. Other than that, I cannot find any issues with the Qode Ultimate Pro 2. I'd give at a 9/10.

Thanks for your input on the Qode. Two questions for you:

1) I notice that the Qode only has two viewing angles while in landscape mode versus the ClamCase or Zagg Slim Book which use a hinge that allows for a wide variety of angles. Do you find yourself wishing the Qode allowed for more viewing angles?

2) How often do you notice typos/typing issues caused by the keyboard? I love my Slim Book but a few keys don't seem to register regularly unless pressed more firmly than the rest of them.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003

1) I notice that the Qode only has two viewing angles while in landscape mode versus the ClamCase or Zagg Slim Book which use a hinge that allows for a wide variety of angles. Do you find yourself wishing the Qode allowed for more viewing angles?

2) How often do you notice typos/typing issues caused by the keyboard? I love my Slim Book but a few keys don't seem to register regularly unless pressed more firmly than the rest of them.

Yes, two viewing angles. This a non issue for me and two are adequate. The Logitech slim keyboard case I owned had a slot for the iPad, so it was locked into a single angle.

I owned a Zagg case which had a hinge and I liked it a lot. I originally thought that would be something I'd miss with the Qode but I don't. By not having the hinge, the iPad is in a self contained case that is magnetically connected to the keyboard, so I can just take it off and not have the keyboard attached for when I use it as a Harmony remote, pictures/video, etc.

They keys register perfectly. I used it extensively yesterday and I didn't have a single typo and key not registering. The keys are such good quality that they register every keypress. When I was using the iPad by itself and posting something, I'd spend 5 times the amount of time to do it by backspacing and correcting incorrect letters.

I use the iPad and Qode on my lap in my living room recliner and I can also use it on my desk and it feels just like a computer.

The 2 best things about it for me are the detachable case and the quality of the keys.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Only one I can find in stock is from a 3rd party on Amazon. Don't know where you guys are from but would you buy from here? Surely they're no fakes of a relatively new product?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1Q8LHGBNWZQUW

Amazon here had it backordered till late February. I ordered mine directly from Belkin. It took them 2 days to process the shipment and then 2 days to arrive. I guess I'm spoileded by Amazon shipping right when your order. I couldn't find it any retailer actually besides Belkin. Actually when I look now it says coming soon instead of in stock so I guess it is popular.

http://www.belkin.com/us/F5L176-Belkin/p/P-F5L176/

Now Amazon is stating March 3rd so I'd recommend going with Belkin.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Yeah, I'm thinking of going with the Belkin Pro. I like the idea of being able to detach the iPad and still be in a case. Nice video here.

http://www.belkin.com/uk/F5L176-Belkin/p/P-F5L176/

I have had this one for one month now. Best case I have ever had, and I buy a lot of cases. Keyboard works well and I love being able to detach it easily to use just the ipad.

----------

The viewing angles are perfect for 99% of the time. Occasionally I find myself wanting a shallow angle for when I am standing up using the ipad on a low table. That is a very rare situation however.

mstein88

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2014
I have had this one for one month now. Best case I have ever had, and I buy a lot of cases. Keyboard works well and I love being able to detach it easily to use just the ipad.

----------

The viewing angles are perfect for 99% of the time. Occasionally I find myself wanting a shallow angle for when I am standing up using the ipad on a low table. That is a very rare situation however.

Thanks for the info. Does the case stay relatively stable while on your lap or does it tend to want to tip backward at all? So many of these cases have a balance issue.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just got the belkin Ultimate Pro. Very nice case. At first the keyboard seems a little small but then again I have just returned from the office where I've been on a full sized keyboard all day. As I'm writing this I can't see any problems, the keys give that nice satisfying "click" and I can type relatively quickly. I've still to work out all the tricks that the buttons can do. Not had to charge it up, just plugged in, synced and off i went. So far very pleased. (the fact you can just pull off the iPad and still have it in a case is a nice feature).

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Mine stopped working after about a day and then I found that Belkin says it needs to be charged for 2.5 hours before 1st use.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
just got the belkin ultimate pro. Very nice case. At first the keyboard seems a little small but then again i have just returned from the office where i've been on a full sized keyboard all day. As i'm writing this i can't see any problems, the keys give that nice satisfying "click" and i can type relatively quickly. I've still to work out all the tricks that the buttons can do. Not had to charge it up, just plugged in, synced and off i went. So far very pleased. (the fact you can just pull off the ipad and still have it in a case is a nice feature).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421449380.527287.jpg

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
While I am happy with the Belkin, I am getting about a week on a charge as opposed to the advertised month. Anyone else finding this? It's not a huge issue but I'm just surprised it's not lasting as long as they say.

KenB

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
Portland, Oregon
While I am happy with the Belkin, I am getting about a week on a charge as opposed to the advertised month. Anyone else finding this? It's not a huge issue but I'm just surprised it's not lasting as long as they say.

Yes, I've already had to charge mine once. (after the initial 2.5 hour charge when I unboxed it)

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Having problems with my Belkin tonight. It's seems fully charged but light doesn't go green and when connected to iPad it keeps going off?

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I started having that problem too. It seems to be only lasting maybe 2-3 days before it stops connecting. A far cry from the advertised 30 days. I also took the iPad out to use just as a tablet and I had totally forgotten how light and thin it is. The case obviously makes it thicker but it is considerably heavier. I might look into some kind of case that is totally separate from the iPad and maybe just holds it in a slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.