Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Literally nothing about this looks promising or different.

Yeah seriously haha why are they so late in the game? Its just a plastic bumper. Its funny that they are trying to get some hype for their product just like all the other real expensive cases did. What makes it so special that people are going to wait for it?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Yes, please report back when you get it.

----------

Any video reviews or real world pictures of these? They look amazing.

Ordered my thinedge a few weeks ago, shipping begins today so will hopefully receive that email notification!

I ordered a silver however I have noticed that they have added a clear version to the lineup recently. Would have got that if I'd known!

I have one for the 4S and it fits great, really slim and literally adds minimal bulk. It fits with side protectors too so hopefully they have continued that tradition as I don't want to use one without side protectors!

danish1542

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
MA
Ordered my thinedge a few weeks ago, shipping begins today so will hopefully receive that email notification!

I ordered a silver however I have noticed that they have added a clear version to the lineup recently. Would have got that if I'd known!

I have one for the 4S and it fits great, really slim and literally adds minimal bulk. It fits with side protectors too so hopefully they have continued that tradition as I don't want to use one without side protectors!

Well I ordered my thinedge on October 31st. Was told it will ship on the 5th of November and it finally shipped on the 8th. It has been at customs until today (the 15th) and now is finally on its way to be delivered in the next day or two I imagine. Expect a wait.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

Is it all hard plastic, I assume?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Well I ordered my thinedge on October 31st. Was told it will ship on the 5th of November and it finally shipped on the 8th. It has been at customs until today (the 15th) and now is finally on its way to be delivered in the next day or two I imagine. Expect a wait.

Yea I haven't got an email yet regarding the dispatch and tracking number. Expecting it any time soon though. Did your order on the my account section on their website change from processing to shipped?

Is it all hard plastic, I assume?

Yea hard plastic but has a kind of soft feel to it. Seems like they have improved on the design with a thinner clip - on the 4/4s the clip sticks out quite far.

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Does it have a lip to cover the edges of the phone if you know what I mean.

Like I love snap cases but it does not have a lip to cover the edges where glass and frame meet to stop particles or dust getting in.

Thanks

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Yea I haven't got an email yet regarding the dispatch and tracking number. Expecting it any time soon though. Did your order on the my account section on their website change from processing to shipped?

Go to this page and put in your order number. Take the number and put it into the USPS tracking site(if you used the standard shipping).

http://www.iphonecaze.com/gettracking

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Sgp bumpers are not any good? Anyone tried the x metal series yet?

I have had a few from my iphone 4/4s days and I can say they start out being very nice. However, after some time, the outshell of the bumper is easily moves off the silcone inner band, epecially when pulling it out of a pocket. Apparently, even with the newer ip5 design, this is the case (no pun intended). Also, some people have been complaining that the ip5 design is a bit too thick for the thinner phone. That is of course personal preferrence. I do know that SGP/SPIGEN made the outer shells thicker from the original design since the originals were susceptible to snapping around the dock connector cutout.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I like the SGP bumpers as they are 2 colors and you can switch them out and make any combo you want.

I understand the desire to have the thinnest bumper possible and SGP bumpers are not that thin, but they are well made and stylish.

Thinnest I have found are Caze and another one I cannot think of right now. There is a thread about these.

Otherwise you are looking at generic bumpers.

I had mentioned before some plastic bumpers that look like the Draco metallic bumpers, but plastic. Not bad

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Does anyone know where to order the fake element for $15? I've seen the black and red one on this thread but can't seem to find it.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
No, the external antennas as part of the aluminum band around the phone.

http://www.cultofmac.com/190499/why...d-why-you-wont-need-a-case-for-your-iphone-5/

Also see the Apple engineering drawings where they don't want you shorting between the unibody and the upper and lower antenna.
https://devimages.apple.com.edgekey.net/resources/cases/dimensions/iPhone-5-dimensions.pdf

Thank you for posting this. Many people on this forum have been mistakenly claiming that there are no external bare metal antennas on the iPhone 5.

Aside from protecting my iPhone 5, the main reason I want a bumper is to protect my skin from contact with a bare metal antenna. No one knows the potential health risks of prolonged daily contact with a bare metal antenna. Fanboys will try to shame anyone who suggests that Apple has done something potentially harmful, but then again, fanboys would buy a log of horse feces as long as it was covered in brushed aluminum and had an Apple logo that they could use to impress their fellow fanboys with at Starbucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.