Best iPhone book for experienced Cocoa devs?

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by mduser63, Feb 22, 2009.

1. macrumors 68040

mduser63

After a long period with no free time to work on it, I'm finally wanting to get started with iPhone programming. I'm fairly experienced with Cocoa programming on the Mac (I have a shipping shareware app that has been on sale for some time) so I definitely don't need a book that goes through the basics of Objective-C. My favorite books for Cocoa on the Mac are/were the standard Cocoa Progamming for Mac OS X by Aaron Hillegass and Progamming in Objective-C by Stephen Kochan. What do people think are the best books for learning Cocoa Touch programming? Something like Hillegass' book (which basically assumes Objective-C proficiency) but for iPhone development would be perfect.

2. macrumors newbie

3. Guest

caveman_uk

I found I actually learnt quite a lot from the Apple sample codes and various stuff on the internet. Of the iPhone books I have the one that has been most useful to me is the (often slated) Erica Sadun book. It's NOT a book to learn Cocoa touch with - it is however a very useful collection of tips and code snippets.

4. macrumors regular

If you already know Cocoa then Erica Sadun's iPhone Developers Cookbook is probably the way to go.