best iphone FM transmitter??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by backinblack875, Oct 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

whats a good FM transmitter for the iPhone for a car, one that gets clear, good audio...through a cigarette lighter. Not too expensive either please

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

5. macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

From personal experience I would say that the chinese ones you buy from sites like DX seem to be the best ones. It could be because they maybe use stronger signals as they are not regulated?

6. macrumors newbie

best iphone FM transmitter??

Belkin TuneBase FM w/ Hands-Free for 3GS

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors 68000

Bobioden

9. macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

If you have the cassette, I would recommend to use cassette adapter. I've used both fm transmitter and cassette adapter, cassette one has much better quality of sound. Even if the fm transmitter comes in a nice quality, i think the noise still can be heard since it's operated through the radio.

10. macrumors newbie

Dindorio

Monster iCarPlay Portable is the best iphone FM transmitter i think so. I think its appropriate for you, because its too good in car. Also its price is reasonable.

11. macrumors newbie

Depends what "expensive" means to you.

The best selling one on amazon is GOgroove FlexSMART which goes for around $45. For some people that might be pricy. The reason why it is popular is because it transmits through Bluetooth so you don't have to plug your iPhone into any device. I like that feature because I like to pass the iPhone and iPod around to my passengers without the hassle of wires. It also comes with a 3 year warranty which is something also good.

A little more cheaper one is from Sunvalleytek which goes for $15. It comes with a remote which controls your iPhone, song playlist, etc. I never tried this product but from the reviews it seems to do the job.

You can read more about these products in this article.
    http://supremeskins.com/top-3-fm-transmitter-for-iphone/

12. macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

13. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

14. macrumors 68040

Giuly

Depending on the car resp. car stereo, there might be an adapter that goes into cd charger port on the stereo and the dock connector on the other side, or the stereo/car might have a Aux or line-in port. Both offer superior audio quality compared to FM transmitters and cassette adapters.

15. macrumors 601

You're thinking of FM modulators. Giuly is referring to aftermarket interfaces that are hard wired to factory stereos. They're not susceptible to the audio quality issues that FM modulators have since they're hard wired and not transmitting over FM.