Best iPod earphones coming soon??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by barbee, Sep 21, 2005.

1. barbee macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2005
    Just read about a new type of headphones that is due release soon on

it's supposedly better than Shure and the other high-end companies. Not sure about that but it's a great price tag anyway.. $150.

"This level of audio quality, peformance and style makes FS.1 earphones optimal for use with your iPod, laptop, portable DVD player, gaming systems and much more."
  2. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2004
  3. Must.Get.nano! macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2005

i really dont get why the price is 150$... just go buy a shuffle or sumthing...

4. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Yeah the E4c is hard to beat. I have the E4. Simple amazing, although an amp is a good idea to get the most out of it. Lacks some bass straight out of the iPod.

This sounds like any other IEM, but it may be worth checking out. I would still bet the higher end Shures and UEs beat it.
  5. noelister macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2005
    I would like to hear the difference between something like this and my apple in-ear headphones. Is there that much difference?
  6. d00kie macrumors member

Mar 20, 2004
    Oo.. pricey. I don't know but headphones seem to disintegrate after 6-12 months of on the go activity. I bet the quality must be awesome if I'm going to pay ten times more for a pair; it's out of my budget range anyway.
  7. barbee thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2005
    Quite true. The largest amount that I have paid for earphones is roughly $100 and I was VERY satisfied, but they broke after just two months of usage, so it was far from a satisfactory. But no doubt, the sound rocked.
  8. kim0785b macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2004
  9. nomad01 macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2005
    Birmingham, England
    I'd happily pay 100 to 200 dollars for top class sound but for something like an iPod that I'm going to being using more or less daily, I just know that they won't last.

I don't abuse my earphones but they occasionally get caught up on a button and pull out of my ears or something. Wouldn't want to put high end phones through that treatment.
  10. Sol macrumors 68000

Jan 14, 2003
    Hype & durability

The FS1 look great but I would not go rushing into a purchase yet; best to wait for the reviews. Honestly, have you ever read the packaging of any headphones that did not hype some mysterious technology that is supposed to make them sound better than other headphones? Even Steve Jobs claimed that the Neodymium transducers in the iPod headphones made them a class above the others and yet every iPod-related headphone review tells us that the standard iPod headphones are the weakest link in the chain.

As for the question of durability, that is a very good point and I wish more headphone reviews focused on it. I feel burned from a purchase of AUD $250 in-ear headphones that become less reliable the more I use them; in my case the right headphone loses its signal depending on the angle of my head! My advice for iPod users looking for better sound is to buy cheap, in-ear headphones from a reputable brand.
  11. Passante macrumors 6502a

Apr 16, 2004
    on the sofa
    I have two in ear headphone recommendations: Sony EX-71s and Etymotic Research ER-6i. Both are under $100. Great sound isolation. Amazing base with the Sony's. Both give great detail.