Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silversyren

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Hi,

I just realized there were a ton of free podcasts to keep you motivated for running and exercise. Amazing.

I've been toying with the idea of getting an inexpensive mp3 player like the shuffle for running -- would that work for podcasts? It's probably pretty obvious to everyone else but podcasts would be easily downloaded to whatever ipod, right? are there shuffle-type alternatives I should think about?

I'd actually like to wait until multipurpose cellphones become more common instead of buying an ipod nano or something similar. Is that a good choice?

thank you!

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I would personally go for a 1gb nano over the shuffle. Add the Nike+iPod Sport Kit and you'll be in running heaven.

Check out my site for more Nike+iPod info.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Came here to say the same thing - get a 1 or 2gb nano... shuffles are nice, but for such a small amount more you can get a nano, and have the nike running kit as an option (can be adapted for any shoe, I believe).

Which reminds me, I need to get on of those kits... :)

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
i gotta agree with the rest. for $50 more you can get a MUCH better iPod.. color screen, nike+iPod kit compatibility, more space..

BUT.. if your looking for the bare minimum, just want to listen to podcasts, have no interest in the nike kit, and want to spend very little.. then the shuffle is the obvious choice. $50 is $50, and that is twice as much as the shuffle refurb (and you can probably find them even cheaper used on ebay or the like).

guess it really depends on what your priority is: the bells and whistles, or saving money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.