Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

getfuzzy77

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I like the looks of the Speck CandyShell. That's pretty cool. Stopped by the Apple store today and didn't see any by Speck. They didn't have much of a selection. Went by Best Buy and they didn't have much either.

I also like the Ifrogz cases. I prefer the Luxe. I think they are a little expensive (cheaper on Amazon, and about $10 less than Speck), but you do get a screen protector with it. I bought a case for my 30GB Video 5G a number of years ago and it has held up great. Ifrogz has good products IMO!
http://ifrogz.com/categories.php?cat=459

xxunrealdudexx

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Switcheasy seems to make the best cases right now according to iLounge. Their cases are super stylish and come with lots of accessories (screen protectors, dock covers, etc, etc.) but are still reasonably priced ($25). Look on their website their cases are gorgeous. :cool:

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I *just* dropped my Touch from chest height walking into the house (I thought that finger had my KEYS, not my Touch against the clipboard), i'm 5'5" so i'd say it was about 4' given how i was carrying all the junk in my hands.

It bounced on the concrete.

All is well.....

http://dlo.com/products/view/JJGame_touch2G

Sleek? Nope.
Pretty? Probably not.
Ergonomic? I really like the thicker ends it gives the Touch.

Protective? Apparently.

sravana

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
Texas
I recently got the Power Support air case: http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...e=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MTM3ODI5MDQ&p=4&s=topSellers

and I love how slender it makes my Touch feel, after using a Griffin clear case. You get both a mirror and a matte screen protector, and the mirror one is very nice!

I originally wanted the Slider: http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...e=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MTUzNjg2OTk&p=3&s=topSellers

but it was $10 more and I'd still need to buy another screen protector.

I don't think it would protect the touch if it fell hard on concrete, but falls to the carpet were handled easily. This case has gotten some minor scratching on the back, but while it has a metallic look, it's not a chrome-style finish like the Slider. The scratches don't look like much, and I love how dressed up it is with the gold backing. :)

Z

zacksba

I have been using the incase slider which I like alot but I was given the Ottorbox Defender case for xmas, which I like more now and should provide more protection than the incase one I have. The only drawback with this case is it was easier and quicker for me to remove the slider to use it in the dock with the remote when I watch movies on the tv (but I will get over it).

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
best case?

ipod touch cases?

btw i would like the following

• good protection
  • good looks
  • accesories
  • under $30

ive been looking at rebeltouch, neotouch, torrenttouch, and candyshell

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
hmmmm...
i don't like the kickstand cases.... sorry if im being picky:rolleyes:. so far i think im deciding between the three i listed and the torrent touch:cool: never mind, i already listed torrent touch...thanks for the help, sweet case!!

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
sorry to burst your bubble, but thats not all of them, but its a cool website:D

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
I really like the iFrogz cases. I bought one (new) on eBay for under $20. It's "back heavy" so I can confirm when the device has slipped out of my little one's hands, it either falls on it's back or even if it does fall on the front, it has enough of a lip/edge it doesn't scratch/crack the screen.

riker1384

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
West Coast
Am I the only one who thinks it sucks that you have to buy cases for all these Apple products? I mean, they're designed as portable products, so they should be rugged enough for normal use by themselves.

Anyway, I'm looking for something cheap and decent too. I'd like something as small as possible, for carrying the thing in my pocket, and also probably a leather case.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
they have generic leather flip cases for the ipod touch for around like a few bucks, and i wrote this in another post but im not sure if its true, i heard that apple made a deal with case companys to use the chrome/stainless steel (whichever one it is) so we keep worrying that itll scratch and buy their cases. well its working, and if its not true, then why would they use the chrome/stainless steel backing? and if you dont want leather than the switcheasy nude looks promising... but it might not be in the price range your looking for. :D

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My Belkin grip vue clear tint once again has turned yellow, I'm planning to get a replacement and sell the replacement. I'm looking to buy the black tint one, but is there other replacements to belkin grip vue? (ex. Thin, TPU material, etc)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.