Best iPod w/ Video case?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Xander562, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Hey all, well after a lot of debate about which iPod to buy (8 Gb Nano or 30 Gb video) I think I'll go for the iPod w/ video. The reason i was leaning toward the nano was the harder to scratch enclosure. So now i'm here looking for the best case for the iPod w/ Video. What do you have? What do you suggest?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I think those silicone (iSkin?) ones are the best. I have an InCase leather one, which is ok. It protects the iPod fairly well, but sometimes it'll fall out of the case or dirt gets in and stuff.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i just ordered a 60gb 5G iPod refurb.. and to protect it i also ordered an invisible shield. i don't much like having a case on my iPods, but i still wanted protection. this seemed perfect - from all i've read they're amazing at keeping the iPods scratch-free, and it's just a thin film of plastic, so it's basically like having your iPod case-free.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i have an iskin and a powersupport crystal film. I use the iskin when i'm traveling cause it will get bumped.

5. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

Agent 18... end of story, best case out there

6. Xander562 thread starter macrumors 68000

Xander562

ooo YES! i completely forgot about those thanks!!

7. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

I agree.

8. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I have a DC/ Incase folio. I love it. Works as a wallet too for those times you just need your licence, ATM card and iPod. Like going to the beach.

9. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I just got my 80GB iPod today, and put the Agent 18 case on it. I really like the case overall, but I've got a minor complaint. When I put the case on the iPod and close it, I'd get small air pockets between the plastic and the iPod. Nothing major, but I still can't put the iPod in the case without them showing.

10. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

No problem - glad to help! :)

11. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

It really depends on what you want to protect your iPod from. I have an Otterbox case for my iPod Video, which protects it from everything, including being dunked in 3 feet of water. However, its a little bulky so I don't use it all the time. For normal use, I just keep it in an iPod sock.