Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Probably my 3G 15gb iPod. I'd love it to have more space, but the buttons are just beautiful. I'd love a new iPod to have a similar style.
Did exchange it for a 6gb iPod mini though. the huge battery life swung me over.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
A third for the 3G; love my buttons. I'm about out of space (15 GB) but am sticking with it until she dies. Shows no signs of it despite heavy usage of 8-10 hours a day for over 3 years

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
how could people vote against click-wheel models! The click-wheel is so easy, the other buttons seem so un-intuitive...

here's a vote for the 4G

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I have a click wheel nano also. I loves me some buttons.™

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
The second generation 8GB iPod nano is Apple's best iPod to date. Nike+ integration, supports audiobooks, podcasts, photos, etc. Sleek aluminum in colors and durable because of the flash memory.

The nano will only get better with time. I see limited life-span for the regular iPods.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
The second generation 8GB iPod nano is Apple's best iPod to date. Nike+ integration, supports audiobooks, podcasts, photos, etc. Sleek aluminum in colors and durable because of the flash memory.

The nano will only get better with time. I see limited life-span for the regular iPods.

you think they'll introduce a true video iPod, knock off the semi-video ipod, and just make huge-capacity nanos? not a bad idea...

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I'm torn...I love the look of the 3G iPod, but the lack some features, and from my limited use of one, the click wheel is MUCH faster. Then the 5G, the 30Gb model is SO slim, the 60/80 is bigger(still pretty small when you look at 4.5G and Zune) and the extra battery life made me buy it. Then the 2G Nano its nice as well, SO tiny, color screen and great battery life.

The 2G shuffle is quite rocking to.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
My favorite up until using the 5th gen iPods was the 4.5 iPod 20GB. It was thin, color-screened, and i felt that the screen size was just more proportional to the iPod than the 5th gen. It had the clickwheel i adored and was just a great model and price.

Now after using the 5th gen models, i would have to say that the 5.5s are my favorite. With the added brighter screen, performance, and price point, they are just an all around knock out. Plus, i love having the extra screen space for when i do feel like watching a video.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I don't really know why people adore the 3Gs so much... I thought the buttons were annoying! Sure they looked cool, but i'd much rather have a click wheel, it's so much easier to use! Whatever, different strokes for different folks but i don't know. I guess since they were THE iPod to have separate buttons. Give me a clickwheel and such greater performance anyday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.