Best iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by anjinha, Nov 26, 2006.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

In your opinion which iPod was the best one, so far, and why?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Probably my 3G 15gb iPod. I'd love it to have more space, but the buttons are just beautiful. I'd love a new iPod to have a similar style.
    Did exchange it for a 6gb iPod mini though. the huge battery life swung me over.

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

A third for the 3G; love my buttons. I'm about out of space (15 GB) but am sticking with it until she dies. Shows no signs of it despite heavy usage of 8-10 hours a day for over 3 years

5. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

The nano - I use Nike+ all the time. Size matters :)

6. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

how could people vote against click-wheel models! The click-wheel is so easy, the other buttons seem so un-intuitive...

here's a vote for the 4G

7. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I have a click wheel nano also. I loves me some buttons.™

8. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

The second generation 8GB iPod nano is Apple's best iPod to date. Nike+ integration, supports audiobooks, podcasts, photos, etc. Sleek aluminum in colors and durable because of the flash memory.

The nano will only get better with time. I see limited life-span for the regular iPods.

9. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

you think they'll introduce a true video iPod, knock off the semi-video ipod, and just make huge-capacity nanos? not a bad idea...

10. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

i like the video just because of its capabilities.

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm torn...I love the look of the 3G iPod, but the lack some features, and from my limited use of one, the click wheel is MUCH faster. Then the 5G, the 30Gb model is SO slim, the 60/80 is bigger(still pretty small when you look at 4.5G and Zune) and the extra battery life made me buy it. Then the 2G Nano its nice as well, SO tiny, color screen and great battery life.

The 2G shuffle is quite rocking to.

12. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

My favorite up until using the 5th gen iPods was the 4.5 iPod 20GB. It was thin, color-screened, and i felt that the screen size was just more proportional to the iPod than the 5th gen. It had the clickwheel i adored and was just a great model and price.

Now after using the 5th gen models, i would have to say that the 5.5s are my favorite. With the added brighter screen, performance, and price point, they are just an all around knock out. Plus, i love having the extra screen space for when i do feel like watching a video.

13. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The current one. The older ones may be nostalgic but they just don't work as well.

14. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

8GB nanos for its great size, battery life, capacity, and durability. Plus the red one is beautiful :D

15. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

3G is still my fav.

All white, touch sensitive buttons that light up.

Only got the 60 cause I have 11000 songs, needed better battery life.

16. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I don't really know why people adore the 3Gs so much... I thought the buttons were annoying! Sure they looked cool, but i'd much rather have a click wheel, it's so much easier to use! Whatever, different strokes for different folks but i don't know. I guess since they were THE iPod to have separate buttons. Give me a clickwheel and such greater performance anyday.