Best leather case for iPod 60gig... Help?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Kingsly, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I just took my beautiful 60gig out of its belkin kickstand case and there are two huge scratches on it! arrgh! Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any input on the best leather case for iPod video? I am looking at the incase or the case-ari one but I am open to ideas. I like the idea of cradling my baby in suede (I made a case for my 4g from scratch out of suede-best case I ever had)
    -Kingsly
    www.mariposaprod.com

2. StudioSP macrumors newbie

What created the scratches though? It sounds like you are blaming the case.

I just ordered the Kickstand for my Pod yesterday. Switching from the Agent 18 case that I currently have.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

4. StudioSP macrumors newbie

Those Vaja cases are on the spendy side... but the more time I spent looking at them the more I wish I had seen that site last week. Those things are absolutely beautiful. Great website, complete picture listings, and high quality images. That embossed logo option for $30 is kind of a rip though.

I'd like to get one of those for my Pod and one for my RAZR phone. I'd be one trendy hip daddy then. They are very "Northwest" if any of you know what that means.

Nice find man… I think I’m going to have a Kickstand for sale here shortly. J

5. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

The kickstand is an excellent and very well designed case, but...
    1) the metal clasp on the bottom leaves swirly scratches on the iPod
    2) rough stiching on the inside front and back leave massive vertical scratches on the iPod
    3) you must SLIDE the iPod in and out (see previous point)
    4) Vinyl screen cover scratches easily, not the most accurate cutout
    5) click wheel cover is playthrough, but two friction-y to be comfortable

6) I dont have money for a vaja, as much as I want one... sigh
    -Kingsly

6. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

i like the industrial design of my ipod; i think its a beautiful thing. i dont want to cover it up so i got an invisibleshield. i swear they dont pay me to say stuff like that. http://www.theinvisibleshield.com. they are literally indestructable. i put my keys in my pocket with my ipod. the plastic they use was designed to put on the front edge of the rotor blades of helicopters to protect them from sand particles. overkill, yes, but it works.

7. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I like the idea of invisibleshield but my problem lies in needing a way to attach to a belt. I am a pocket person and at any given moment I usually have in my pockets a cell phone, wallet, keys, iPod, iPod headphones, digital camera (at least until the iPod has one built in, c'mon Steve!) digital camera connector for iPod, some gift certificates to wahoos fish taco, and a book. And thats if im not carrying my XL-1 around (in which case I would have soem extra tapes and batteries). As you can see any way to get something out of my pockets is helpful.
    -Kingsly