Best looking external burner?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by steve-not-jobs, Mar 30, 2005.

1. steve-not-jobs macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2002
    Which external burner or enclosure looks best with a new Powerbook?
    Not sure between Lacie d2 or Porsche or one of the many aluminium enclosures - no stores nearby have them out to look at.
    I'd like something that matches (as closely as possible) the PB - keep my desk looking good.
    Ditto any wireless mice (silver color).
    Thanks for the advice.
  2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    The ones you mentioned look pretty good against a powerbook. I have a vantec nexstar enclosure with my external burner and i like the way it looks, although it matches the iBook better because it's white. There are a handfull of silver enclosures out there, Rosewill makes a fairly cheap one that looks pretty nice.
  3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    Hi, I have the Porsche drive (check sig.) and it is quite and nice looking. I got it a few weeks ago and I'm very happy :D The Porsche drive looks like the PB color and should look great next to it. I happened to get a recon with Toast 6 TI., total with express shipping $117. Any other Q's just ask :)
  4. Pismo macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2002
    LaCie makes really nice drives/enclosures. They are very sleek and are probably the most reliable drives. But, they can be really expensive. I bought a $30 USB 2 enclosure for a 200 gig hard drive from NewEgg is it's working great. Looks good too. You don't have to throw down a lot of money to get something that works good and looks good.
  5. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    i have porsche, the metal is darker than the pb.
  6. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    that's a beautiful formac drive, that also has video in for converting vhs tapes, etc. to dvd. the same amount of cash would get you a lacie d2 with toast included plus like 10 bucks i believe, but this is imo the best looking drive.