Best looking external burner?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by steve-not-jobs, Mar 30, 2005.

1. steve-not-jobs macrumors newbie

Which external burner or enclosure looks best with a new Powerbook?
    Not sure between Lacie d2 or Porsche or one of the many aluminium enclosures - no stores nearby have them out to look at.
    I'd like something that matches (as closely as possible) the PB - keep my desk looking good.
    Ditto any wireless mice (silver color).
    Thanks for the advice.

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

The ones you mentioned look pretty good against a powerbook. I have a vantec nexstar enclosure with my external burner and i like the way it looks, although it matches the iBook better because it's white. There are a handfull of silver enclosures out there, Rosewill makes a fairly cheap one that looks pretty nice.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, I have the Porsche drive (check sig.) and it is quite and nice looking. I got it a few weeks ago and I'm very happy :D The Porsche drive looks like the PB color and should look great next to it. I happened to get a recon with Toast 6 TI., total with express shipping $117. Any other Q's just ask :)

4. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

LaCie makes really nice drives/enclosures. They are very sleek and are probably the most reliable drives. But, they can be really expensive. I bought a $30 USB 2 enclosure for a 200 gig hard drive from NewEgg is it's working great. Looks good too. You don't have to throw down a lot of money to get something that works good and looks good.

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

i have porsche, the metal is darker than the pb.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_drives_devideon
    that's a beautiful formac drive, that also has video in for converting vhs tapes, etc. to dvd. the same amount of cash would get you a lacie d2 with toast included plus like 10 bucks i believe, but this is imo the best looking drive.

[​IMG]